Amber Room - conspiracy theory

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DPmonika

Amber Room - conspiracy theory

Post by DPmonika »

Guys, i would like to know if you belive the Amber room really existed. I think it did, im really interested in it actually. here is some context info from wikipedia:
Before it was lost, the Amber Room was sometimes dubbed the "Eighth Wonder of the World" due to its singular beauty. Construction of the Amber Room began in 1701 to 1711 in Prussia. The room was designed by German baroque sculptor Andreas Schlüter and Danish amber craftsman Gottfried Wolfram in the service of the Prussian king worked on it until 1707, then work was continued by amber masters Gottfried Turau and Ernst Schacht from Danzig.[1] The amber cabinet remained in Berlin City Palace until 1716 when it was given by Prussian king Friedrich Wilhelm I to his then ally, Tsar Peter the Great of the Russian Empire. In Russia it was expanded and after several renovations, it covered more than 55 square meters and contained over six tons of amber. It was finished in 1755 and restored in 1830. The Amber Room was looted during World War II by Nazi Germany and brought to Königsberg. Knowledge of its whereabouts was lost in the chaos at the end of the war.

In 1979, efforts began to rebuild the Amber room at Tsarskoye Selo. In 2003, after decades of work by Russian craftsmen, financed by donations from Germany, the reconstructed Amber Room was inaugurated in the Catherine Palace in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Gambit, should this thread be locked?
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Re: Amber Room - conspiracy theory

Post by Anonymissimus »

This is less likely to be locked than the other thread at least. I wouldn't call the subject a conspiracy.

German wikipedia makes no doubts about that it at least must have existed, since a few pieces did appear again since 1945 (and have been given back to Russia).
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
DPmonika

Post by DPmonika »

Anonymissimus wrote:This is less likely to be locked than the other thread at least. I wouldn't call the subject a conspiracy.
Im not sure if i get you right. You mean it is somehow likely to be locked because of the "conspiracy" word in it? I hope Gambit will not write its flamebait and locks it down.

This guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Rosenberg had a diary where he could possibly have written about it. And this man http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kempner got , who allegedly needed his diary for scientific and historical work, he was his prosecutor, hold on it, and possibly took 400 pages out of it, and took it back to states. Well, do we have a conspiracy now?

Well just in case Gambit comes, the amber room had nothing to with WTC (to the best of my knowledge).
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Oh look. Hilarious passive aggressive post made solely to snub the mod team and prove some silly point.

Locked.