Emulating ipad games on PC

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

matxer

Emulating ipad games on PC

Post by matxer »

Is there a way to play ipad games on PC ?

I'm very much interested in Guardian Cross.
dipseydoodle

Re: Emulating ipad games on PC

Post by dipseydoodle »

I'm not sure if there's an emulator for PC, however. You can install virtual box and run a newer version Mac OS X and install the Xcode pakages (earlier versions are free if you have an install cd otherwise they cost just a few bucks) which come with a emulator/simulator capable of running any I OS software source code(it must be just the source code). Touch-screen isn't there so you'll have to use your mouse but it is handy for testing little apps you have written. :eng:

EDIT: Oops sorry for the necro...
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

Basically, no. Unless the company also releases its games on other platforms as well, the only way you can play iOS games is with an iOS device.

You can buy refurbished iPod touch units for $150 from Apple.
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

dipseydoodle wrote:You can install virtual box and run a newer version Mac OS X and install the Xcode pakages [...]
That would be a direct violation of OS X's EULA, however:
[...] The grants set forth in this License do not permit you to, and you agree not to, install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so. [...]
That section of the EULA only specifically mentions physical hardware, but later on it also mentions virtual machines:
…to install, use and run up to two (2) additional copies or instances of the Apple Software within virtual operating system environments on each Mac Computer you own or control that is already running the Apple Software.
So technically, installing OS X on any non-Apple machine, either directly or via a hardware emulator like Virtual Box, is illegal. And it's not as simple as installing Linux or Windows anyway; OS X requires an Intel processor, and is not compatible with AMD or older 32-bit processors (such as the Pentium M). OS X was never designed or intended to be installed on anything but Apple hardware, and even assuming it was legal to do so, you'd constantly be running into all sorts of computability issues, even with an Intel processor.

As far as iOS emulators on Windows go: what ancestral said.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."