Wesnoth movie plan

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hulavuta

Re: Wesnoth movie plan

Post by Hulavuta »

Dugi wrote:
nuorc wrote:I strongly advise against using this name! :lol2:
Wait... his name was Delfador, right?
kingnick42 wrote:977.You start calling Dumbledore Delfador.
:whistle:

In this case it's vice versa but you get the point
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Hey, but I haven't played/read/watched Harry Potter too much!

I just haven't played Wesnoth lately, only written stuff (I have written about the same number of scenarios than played, if I leave out test-playing of my own scenarios).
Deciton_Reven

Post by Deciton_Reven »

A comedy that focus on the story of HttT, but from the point of view of the brother/sister pair Cel and Del (A fighter and shaman (the griffin tamer shaman even) respectfully). Also for more comedy have Konrad and Li'sar grab the scepter at the same time.

(Li'sar: "No let go of the dang scepter, there is no way you're coming into my tent and sleeping with me." (purposeful innuendo (by the writer, not the character) appeals to adults and teens, silly tug-o-war appeals to children))
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

purposeful innuendo (by the writer, not the character) appeals to adults and teens
I would disagree about putting that in, but lets put that aside, shall we?

And a Wesnoth Comedy might work, though I still think a more LotR style would fit better. (no, I don't think it should be LotR, or a facsimilie of it, just it was a good example)
Last edited by TheScribe on November 5th, 2012, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Maybe something like this: http://deadgentlemen.com/projects/the-g ... he-gamers/

One of the best fan movies, ever.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I am not sure whether I could still make myself live in the real world after we finished the movie. Maybe I shall seriouly consider about moving into Irdya? :lol2:
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Is this movie going to be animated or live action? Also, I don't think anyone's considered a cast yet.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Damn, I did not finish that post :augh:
Backaround:
Start from the homecountry of Green Isle. Everything was so peaceful for centries on the island, until one day, some really intelligent and curious humans discovered something forbidden by the law of nature--the necromance. The citystates on the Isle split in two factions. One is wesfolk, their people are led by immortal lords of undead, enjoying the technology of undead doing all the jobs for them and serve them as slaves (skeletons cleaning your room, heyheyhey). Other countries hate necromance, and they form up and alliance as well. The war of two factions lasts a long time just like Spartans vs Athens, but none could prevail...until one prince of a citystate rises. To prove his worth and power, he start a war against all lich lords on the island, and he had nearly cleared out all of their menace. Lich lords saw their defeat is inevitable, so their leader, Jevyan, opened a portal to the FarNorth, inducing orcs to come en masse. But orcs are free willed. They are harming not only the lawful humans but the wesfolks as well. Some wesfolks realize that their own living is threathened, so they choose to betray their lich lords and escape.

The first scene:
Haldric’s country was under invasion. He leads his band to counter them, and defeated these so called “wesfolks”. He curiously ask the prisoner leader Lady Jessene why do they attack them by these weary units so recklessly. Jessene tell him the story of “orcs” and the meance their lich lord Jevyan brough to them. King Haldric hold a counsel and discuss about it seriously. They decide not to execute any wesfolks and Lady Jessene. Their people gather together and prepare to evacuate, before the orcish menace comes to them.
This would be basically a quite short skirmish, or we can actually skip over all the fights. Haldric’s people simply won and took Jessene back as an imprisoner.

The second scene:
When the orcs come, these guys found that they must evacuate asap. King Haldric command his son to leave with Jessene immediately, and he himself led the guards to make some time for his son in their last stand. With full regrets and sorrow leaving his homeland and his father, Haldric turn around and took a look, only to see the skull of his father was impaled and his body was pierced by countless arrows…

The third scene:
When heading out of the hills, Haldric and his men were stopped by some orcs. Suddenly, a dwarf (Burin) sprung out of the hills and smash them down in a twinkling of an eye. He joined your band, for “more fun and adventure”.

The fourth scene:
Haldric’s men arrived in a forest, and met a tree. The tree said there were something evil beneath the temple, and ask them to remove it. Haldric did it and won the Ruby of Fire (merge that sewer scenerios happened long before to here because the heroes cannot travel that far). The tree then point out their way, so they depart.

The fifth scene:
Haldric arrived in the port city and met the horse king. The King treated Haldric just like his own lost son, deeply moved Haldric. Here we merge all three costal kingdom scenerios together, and have a finale against a heavy force of undead+orcs, led by the undeadnized son of the king. After a fierce war, victory is seen, but the loss is great. Haldric use the Ruby of Fire and killed many enenmies in the battle. But more orcs are arriving soon, King Addroran insists to stand the city and make some time for Haldric. Haldric does not want to lost this father-like person to him again, but there left no choices. They left, Haldric turn back around and took a look, seeing the city fallen into chaos and fire, and hearing the screaming voice of people and the evil laughter of orcs killing everybody.

Episode1, Chapter1 finished. Budget is $7,000,000, and it is decided to be 2.5 hours long.
We don’t need big stars, and all the actors and actresses would be picked from wesnothians.

This movie is gonna to be an action movie.
lipk

Post by lipk »

GunChleoc wrote:Maybe something like this: http://deadgentlemen.com/projects/the-g ... he-gamers/

One of the best fan movies, ever.
Ah! Now I know where Sapient's sig is from!
Trilarion

Post by Trilarion »

AxalaraFlame wrote:...4. Focus on wars and big scenes, or personal stories like Malin or Delfador? ...
This would be most interesting for me. A imagine the world of Wesnoth a bit like Middleearth, without the silly ringy thing. Whenever I play BfW I expect to hear and see Rohan and Helm's Deep.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

Exactly. No cliches for foolish stuff, pure battle for wesnoth is all we love! :D
I guess the Showdown of NR would be a great scene. Imagine endless drakes swarming outside the hills and pouring fire and dispair to the orcs in the castle, dwarves use their hammars and axes to slice them into blood jam, Tailin use Rod of Justice to spread fear and terror, elves launch arrow rains to destroy orcs en masse. Oh yeah that is great!!
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Would the battle scenes contain lots of whiffing, just warriors missing each other most of the time? :lol2: I think it could be better as a Monty Python flick :whistle:

Edit: a bit of script:
*long motivational battle speech, probably about freedom or something*
Troops: "AAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!"
Long shot: Troops meet on battlefield

Whiff swish whoosh, various windy sound FX
then: TINK!

Everybody stops

Medium shot of 2 opposing units:

Soldier: "Ow, what did you do that for?" (heavy Brit accents)
Soldier2: "Sorry, it was just an accident, slipped a bit, it rained last nigh-"
Solder: "Well be a bit more careful next time when you swing that thing around."
Soldier2: "Said I was sorry, aaaagghh..." Runs off

There, I wrote some script, I want credit and union pay.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Crow_T wrote:Would the battle scenes contain lots of whiffing, just warriors missing each other most of the time? :lol2: I think it could be better as a Monty Python flick :whistle:
Yeah, too much hitting in Python:"Come back you coward!" :lol2:
Crow_T wrote: Whiff swish whoosh, various windy sound FX
That's close to the essence of BfW for me: WHY do my 70% always miss (while I constantly take those 40% hits) ?!? And HOW can I still win this? I guess it's hard to capture that with a regular fight-scene.
I have a cunning plan.
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

You guys know what a really bad movie would be...

Some kid sitting on his PC, playing BfW, complaining all the time about the rng. Suddenly he's sucked into the game world and having an adventure to find a mage who can send him back home.

I'd still watch it though...

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Suddenly he's sucked into the game world and having an adventure to find a mage who can send him back home.
This could be made more realistically - he finds a bloody awesome MP campaign, and cannot stop himself from playing it, so he decides to look for a hacker (the mage) among the players to destroy his computer and free him from the MP campaign.