League of Legends - Season 3! (Was Season 2)

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Daravel

Re: League of Legends - Season 2!

Post by Daravel »

I haven't been keeping up-to-date on LoL while I'm at uni as my laptop is really slow so I can't play. I just have to look forward to the holidays when I get to go home.

When is the end of season 2? I'd like to watch the finals for that, the season 1 one was pretty cool.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

I don't think there's an announced end date yet. The most recent tournament was the season finale for IEM.
Ninjuri

Post by Ninjuri »

Oh yes, good ole LoL, the only game besides Wesnoth that i actually have pinned to my task bar. I'm on North America, if anyone wants to add me my username is "Ninjuri", same as it is here. I dominate hard with GP, Xin, and Kass, but i like to play a variety more than anything, even if it causes me to lose often. I'm not as much a fan of crystal scar as i am the other maps.
Fate is against me.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Do we have any EUW players? The group of people I was playing with all went back to WoW so I've been playing on my todd for months now. But I really liked playing as a proper team; anyone interested?

Perhaps I should say that while I'm at uni for the next month and a half I can't actually play LoL, but you know, plans and all that :)
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Also Daravel, NOW there's an announced end date :D (though you probably know this already :P): October 13th in LA.

Ninjuri: Dropping you an invite!
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Thanks for the heads up. The LA bit just taunts me, rather a long way to go just to see the finals (Riot sponsored ticket for me, yes?). I do find that while I'm at uni and thus not playing that my general interest in LoL drops, but as soon as I get home I do get a little bit excited for my first game!

I want to play with some Rioters! That's the one thing that makes me want to live in the US. All these "1000 win, play with a red" threads make me insanely jealous. Over the summer, if I can run the US client without too much lag can you set me up a game with Nika? :whistle:
P.S. And you of course, also Phreak and Morello. Dream team!

Are you guys worried about Dota2? Or are you not allowed to talk about the terror you all feel? :lol2:
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

...terror? xD.

Personally, I play DOTA2 as well. I know there are a couple other Rioters who play as well, just as I know several Valve employees play LoL (and one of them told me that the majority of their office still plays League too). I'm happy to have more competition in the genre, as it simply means more attention, tournaments, and players. I don't think any of us are really worried, but we're definitely motivated to step up our game! Spectator is likely the first of many fun times for 2012 :). I'm on night shift so I really don't have all that much insight into current development cadences.
Valinor

Post by Valinor »

So what is the general opinion of Varus? To me he feels like an upgraded version of ashe, no escape move, cc on ult, but while I am terrible with ashe I haven't lost yet with Varus (admittedly have only 4 games or so of him).
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Yeah, terror! I have to say that I'm a bit of a valve fanboy, but I do hope that LoL comes out ahead!

I have no opinion of Varus because I'm still 3-4 weeks away from being able to play again.
I tried to play on my laptop the other day due to the new patch making things better for low-end rigs, it wouldn't even load champ select! Rubbish :(

So Joz, if I get my US client working when I get home, me, you, nika, phreak and Morello. Right?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Been having a weird problem with windows explorer restarting after every game. The bonus IP weekend looks good though :)
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Has anyone else encountered a huge surge in troll/ragey behavior recently?
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Pentarctagon wrote:Been having a weird problem with windows explorer restarting after every game. The bonus IP weekend looks good though :)
I'm tempted to go home for the weekend now, does that make me sound really sad? I'm finishing my masters today (minus the dissertation) and I haven't played LoL in months, I deserve some gaming goodness and double ip is always nice.

Also, are any of you on EUW?
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Quick Link to Pulsefire Ezreal Trailer, which is an excellent example of good advertising even if you aren't a LoL player

also, a more personal plug: my own blog I've started in which I talk mainly league related things.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

The misconception that it is $32 probably comes from an abstraction of the RP price of 3250 (post-sale). If people think about $975 as 'about 10 dollars', because 10 dollars gets you 1380...it's easy to progressively napkin math into worse and worse approximations.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Well, never buying that! I don't even buy normal priced skins because I think they're too expensive :lol2:
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code