For spriters: TSR revives TUGS!

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

powershot

Re: For spriters: TSR revives TUGS!

Post by powershot »

woodmouse wrote:
powershot wrote:Ok. Is this pixel art? ImageIt's a special kind of a drake head(although not a replacement for the mainline). Problem:It's not facing south west.
It... it's... it's like spiderman having sex with batman, which... isn't exactly pixel art. Pixel art is like what the sprites in Wesnoth are, etc. Image google "pixel art", and you'll see what it is. What you did isn't pixel art, but... brush art or whatever.

This kinda stuff is pixel art.

PS: it looked nothing like a Drake head imo.
Thanks, I plan to improve the head for my guys. And their a special type of drake.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
johndh

Post by johndh »

powershot wrote:It's a special kind of a drake head(although not a replacement for the mainline).
:lol2: You don't say.
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
powershot

Post by powershot »

johndh wrote:
powershot wrote:It's a special kind of a drake head(although not a replacement for the mainline).
:lol2: You don't say.
Um... Bad grammar? I don't understand.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

powershot wrote:
johndh wrote: :lol2: You don't say.
Um... Bad grammar? I don't understand.
I'd want to say straight, but I don't, so I'll put it this way: if mainline art was a human, that would be a single-cell organism.

...did I say it too clearly? It's hard to not sound mean. :|
Check out my sprites!
powershot

Post by powershot »

woodmouse wrote: I'd want to say straight, but I don't, so I'll put it this way: if mainline art was a human, that would be a single-cell organism.
|
And not a very resilient one either. :lol2:
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Man we are getting some major off-topicdom all up in this here thread people.

(its like theres no interest in the actual contest thingy at all but that's okay i guess???)
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Basically, pixel art is anything you,ve drawn by placing every pixel by hand. With the pencil or line tool (NOT the brush, it's different in that it has semi-transparent pixels). Also, you'll likely have about 4-6 shades of each color, and stuff like that. You might be interested in this thread about pixel art.

And about the picture you've shown: I haven't looked at it closely, but it looks like it has been done with the brush. I also would never have guessed it had anything to do with a drake. Or with a head. My best guess would have been "it's a poorly-drawn fireball". Or maybe some kind of strange flying hairdo.
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
powershot

Post by powershot »

Dixie wrote:Basically, pixel art is anything you,ve drawn by placing every pixel by hand. With the pencil or line tool (NOT the brush, it's different in that it has semi-transparent pixels). Also, you'll likely have about 4-6 shades of each color, and stuff like that. You might be interested in this thread about pixel art.

And about the picture you've shown: I haven't looked at it closely, but it looks like it has been done with the brush. I also would never have guessed it had anything to do with a drake. Or with a head. My best guess would have been "it's a poorly-drawn fireball". Or maybe some kind of strange flying hairdo.
I'll upgrade it tomorrow, I'll sleep on it as they say, Goodnight! :whistle:
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

artisticdude wrote:I'd seriously love to see Jet and Sleepwalker enter this. TSI, too, but I understand he's really busy IRL these days...
No. I'm not into that sort of thing. If you wondering which part turns me off, it'd be "everything except the pixel art" part.

Interestingly, I don't have issues with motivation like TSI or shadowmaster mentioned, anymore. I actually do end up working throughout most of my free time these days. Which is a hopeful note; if you're horribly apathetic like many of us are, you can eventually "break yourself down" and make yourself productive.
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
powershot

Post by powershot »

Ok, here is some thing I did pixel by pixel. It needs several shades per color although now it only has two or three. Hope you like. :)

ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Okay please take your drawings to your own thread. This thread is not your critique area, and you've spent enough pages derailing it as is.