When I was gone... (long and confusing post)

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

woodmouse

When I was gone... (long and confusing post)

Post by woodmouse »

Some might have noticed I've been gone for some time (a few months?), just posting one or two posts occasionally. The reason: I've been doing nothing. I mean, really, I was gonna write a huuuuuge bible-sized post of all I've done, but... really, the only things I've done are:

-doing all kinds of things for Egoboo
-making music
-playing guitar
-not sleeping
-listening music
-sitting in the dark
-eating
-reading
-being annoyed about lack of money
-eating
-playing guitar
-being sick
-making art with photoshop
-reading about everything epic (ancient things, etc)
-dying
-posluncting

...okay those last two were a bit weird but you know, "dying" because I'm becoming older every day. So naturally, in about 50-100 years, I'm most probably dead already. :P Weeeell, anyway, "posluncting" is something mysterious. It includes everything imaginable, but is still the equivalent of doing nothing. At the same time, it's also not existing, never to have existed, etc.

...just kidding, I have no idea what posluncting is, the only thing I know is humans don't know what it is. So I can't know either. Aaaaanyway, seriously, I can't comprehend the fact I haven't done any pixel art (Wesnoth-related or not) in months. So, I should fix that, but I can't; I've gradually lost ALL my pixel art skills while learning digital painting... meaning that you'll never need to worry about my crappy sprites, until I learn to do it again! :D

Although I'll annoy you with some weird Wesnoth-related art once I get to doing some, that's probably nowhere near as annoying.

Oh and the things I've been making to Egoboo are all kinds of things. I mean, seriously, if you go look in the forums, you'll see I've written backstories for like many things and all, I've done some coding/"scripting", art, texturing, etc... way too much, if compared to how little other people make anything, but still too little on my scale. The "Endless Scale of Epicness" that I have is like HUUUUUUUUGE. :lol:

Another thing: congrats for all those who've become art contributors, developers, etc. No idea who all, but apparently there are over 9000 more than when I left. :o
Check out my sprites!
Kuchen

Re: When I was gone... (long and confusing post)

Post by Kuchen »

Welcome back! (whoever you are)
cookie

Post by cookie »

Can you play Spanish romance? It happens to be one of my favorite guitar songs and just so happens one that I can play now. xD
Bye says the cookie.
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

cookie wrote:Can you play Spanish romance? It happens to be one of my favorite guitar songs and just so happens one that I can play now. xD
I can only improvise, because I'm 100% note/tab illiterate. And every time anyone who plays guitar hears my guitar playing, they alyways tell me to kill myself... that's how much I apparently suck, even though my father and brother, both good guitarists, have said that I'm like "average" and that I don't suck... and non-musicians seem to think I don't suck... :|

One of the biggest problems is that of course 99% of the time, I fail miserably when recording. It's kinda annoying, but you know, I get pressure/stress/whatever when recording... :(
Check out my sprites!
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Woodmouse, learning how to play a guitar is not as easy as leaning WML. You always need patience, more like learning other languages. I mean it is feel like up and down.
But as a good thing, the music theory has never changed, not like WML. You don't have to update it at all. I leaned it approximately 30+ years ago, but it is still the same.:) (nobody will add chord/sound of H after G#.)

P.S. I have been playing guitars since before you were born (I guess), but never been a good player.:) (I am/was a bass player though)

You might know it already, but as a little tip:
Usually, an electric guitar is easier to play than acoustic one because of the neck and tension of strings (metal one). Additionally, a shorter scale guitar, like Gibson LP, is a bit easier to play than a regular scale one, like Fender ST.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
cookie

Post by cookie »

I actually prefer to play acoustic myself but tuning it is so annoying! As for skill, I can read notes, play it but to perfect it. I'd need practice xD
Kinda like everyone else.
Bye says the cookie.
Sgt. Groovy
Art Contributor

Post by Sgt. Groovy »

the only things I've done are:

-doing all kinds of things for Egoboo
-making music
-playing guitar
-not sleeping
-listening music
-sitting in the dark
-eating
-reading
-being annoyed about lack of money
-eating
-playing guitar
-being sick
-making art with photoshop
-reading about everything epic (ancient things, etc)
-dying
-posluncting
Get a job. :P
Tiedäthän kuinka pelataan.
Tiedäthän, vihtahousua vastaan.
Tiedäthän, solmu kravatin, se kantaa niin synnit
kuin syntien tekijätkin.
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

SkyOne wrote:Woodmouse, learning how to play a guitar is not as easy as leaning WML. You always need patience, more like learning other languages. I mean it is feel like up and down.
But as a good thing, the music theory has never changed, not like WML. You don't have to update it at all. I leaned it approximately 30+ years ago, but it is still the same.:) (nobody will add chord/sound of H after G#.)

P.S. I have been playing guitars since before you were born (I guess), but never been a good player.:) (I am/was a bass player though)

You might know it already, but as a little tip:
Usually, an electric guitar is easier to play than acoustic one because of the neck and tension of strings (metal one). Additionally, a shorter scale guitar, like Gibson LP, is a bit easier to play than a regular scale one, like Fender ST.
I've been playing electric guitar for four years... and unsuccessfully. I started trying to play an acoustic one a few months ago, and to me it's a lot easier than electric. :P

Of course, this all is because of the genres; it's impossible to play death metal/grindcore on an acoustic guitar, and it's never easy on an electric one. Although now that my brother's been around, he's been teaching me, the problem with playing the electric guitar was my right hand, he always kept telling me I'm doing it wrong and that if I'd just get the right technique, I'd be able to become pretty good... and now he taught me to use wrist instead of the arm-thigh (whatever its name is) and holding the pick properly, as well as relaxing stuff. So now I'll be able to play pretty awesomely, ^_^ ...although I still have no damn idea about music theory, and never will, because my memory likes being a bassturtledonkey, so if I learn anything, I'll forget it when I go to sleep... :?
Sgt. Groovy wrote:Get a job. :P
With no education, it's seriously impossible. I actually mean no education, the only thing I was in, was the normal school, but I didn't even go through it completely: I only was about 8 years in primary school, because the last year went like this (anagram, in case you think that sentence doesn't make sense), mainly because of first getting sick, and finding out it was cat allergy, then getting depressed because of that, and I could go on forever, but I know nobody's even reading this anymore because they're so bored, that I'll just stop. :P
Check out my sprites!
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

woodmouse wrote: I only was about 8 years in primary school, because the last year went like this (anagram, in case you think that sentence doesn't make sense), mainly because of first getting sick, and finding out it was cat allergy, then getting depressed because of that, and I could go on forever, but I know nobody's even reading this anymore because they're so bored, that I'll just stop. :P
Blarumyrran wrote: Alice felt dreadfully puzzled. The Hatter's remark seemed to have no sort of meaning in it, and yet it was certainly English. `I don't quite understand you,' she said, as politely as she could.
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

this = [censored] :mrgreen:
Check out my sprites!
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

I'll post to this thread just because... I thought it's worth posting about, although I know no one cares at all, lol.

My myspace account got hacked, and so did my computer... well, it wouldn't be that horrible, it's happened before, but seriously, the myspace account got closed. I mean, there was a message like this: "your account has been used for phishing or other illegal activities, and as such it has been blocked.", and something about hacking. WELL, I can't unblock it. I've changed password at least 10 times already, it doesn't work, just keeps giving a message that java and flash crashed or something...

And my computer is veeeeeery slow and the internet connection keeps cutting off.

I think it's probably either someone who got offended by the anti-Osama bin Laden song I made (you don't know it, as it only has like 10 views on youtube), or someone who randomly hacks anyone...
Check out my sprites!