Lustmord

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheDreamer

Lustmord

Post by TheDreamer »

Hey guys, has any of you ever heard of Lustmord (Brian Williams)?
He's a British electronic musician, often credited as the father of Dark Ambient. I'm just listening to his works and I'm total awe...

He is able to create ominous, dark, and overly unsettling atmospheres, sometimes by simply processing field recordings of caves and slaughterhouses and then adding different layers of sounds. He inspires me, lol, no kiddin'.

Here is an example of what he can do, taken from "Stalker" in collaboration with Robert Rich (1995). According to Wikipedia, he is active since 1980, and his discography is pretty rich.
Enjoy this little dark pearl ^^
The Dreamer (a.k.a. KK Slider, KKSlider60)
Author of "Minimalist Era" and "Royal Stickmen" (WIP).
http://kkslider60.newgrounds.com/ - My free audio portal in Newgrounds.com - Free album "Back to Basics" out! :D
johndh

Re: Lustmord

Post by johndh »

TheDreamer wrote: He is able to create ominous, dark, and overly unsettling atmospheres, sometimes by simply processing field recordings of caves and slaughterhouses
:augh: During slaughter!?
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
TheDreamer

Post by TheDreamer »

johndh wrote:
TheDreamer wrote: He is able to create ominous, dark, and overly unsettling atmospheres, sometimes by simply processing field recordings of caves and slaughterhouses
:augh: During slaughter!?
Hm, don't know, I hope not. XD

Although I recall a recording from a freesound.org user where you can hear the inhuman screams of a poor pig being slaughtered live... Creepy...
http://kkslider60.newgrounds.com/ - My free audio portal in Newgrounds.com - Free album "Back to Basics" out! :D
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

Yeah, heard of him. Never really gotten into his music for some reason... too happy and monotonous sounding, I guess.
Check out my sprites!
TheDreamer

Post by TheDreamer »

woodmouse wrote:Yeah, heard of him. Never really gotten into his music for some reason... too happy and monotonous sounding, I guess.
Are you a Dark Suicidal Depressive Death Industrial Getreadytodie Ambient fan? :lol2:

There are several one-man projects that blend various styles of experimental Ambient music and the slowest Metal genres (Blackened Doom, Funeral Doom). Some are quite interesting, some are meant to be and stay underground, some ain't a good deal at all.
I like those who put more dark ambiance than Metal, in their tracks... Where growls are not overused, guitar layers are in their place, pads aren't ear-shattering... you know. ;)
Girgistian
Art Contributor

Post by Girgistian »

I've got a feeling I actually posted some stuff from this guy on a wesnoth music-thread a couple of years ago. Nice stuff.
For the dark gods!