A Health Problem.

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Crushmaster

A Health Problem.

Post by Crushmaster »

Howdy. This is going to be a weird post, and a somewhat personal one. But, I hope it shall perhaps do some good. As you read, it has to do with a health problem - or, I guess, problems - I have. First, some background info.

I have sensitive skin. Very sensitive skin. I had problems when I was very young, and around the time I hit puberty or so, it was quite bad. It's continued to be pretty bad. I have/had cystic acne, very unpleasant and painful. Hence, my upper body is covered with scars (thankfully, my face isn't really scarred). I have taken medication for it - Claravis - which inflicted a massive amount of pain on my body, such as making my skin feel like it was on fire (exaggerating here, of course, but you get the idea), and causing bloody masses, proud flesh, to come up all over my upper body (chest, back, shoulders). Huge scabs, bleeding, etc. - it has not been an enjoyable experience. Thankfully, that's pretty much over (kind of). It has been unpleasant and difficult, but it has built my faith in God. He has sustained me through it all, including insomnia, which was related to this.

This, however, is not why I'm posting this. I'm posting about something else. I have a strange sensation, immensely painful, which I have unaffectionally deemed, "tingling", or, "the tingling thing", which is like pins-and-needles. No, it's not really like your hand, arm, or something falling asleep. Perhaps similar, but I think it's considerably more painful.

Cold (and dry, I guess) weather seems to trigger it. I'm the guy who would like it to be in the eighties and nineties all the time with high humidity. But, that's not to be. Anyway, it will happen to me basically all over my body at times (minus my feet and face; it can happen on my chest, back, legs, and scalp. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if it happens on my shoulders, either). It's like being stabbed with little needles, in varying intensity.

So, since this is an international community, I was hoping some of you (well, not really, but...) might know someone who has something like this, or have heard of it. I don't want to go to a doctor or anything, because we've looked on the Internet and can't find anything about it. I figure that if it's not on the Internet, odds are a doctor's not going to be able to tell me anything; it'd just be a waste of time and money.

Well, if you've read this, thanks for your time. I probably was unclear on some things, maybe exaggerated, explained it wrong, etc., but...Well, anyway. It is really a blessing in a way, for God has used it, even though it is unpleasant.
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
Frogger5

Re: A Health Problem.

Post by Frogger5 »

I literally pray it's not serious. :| Can't say I can help in any other way.
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

Thanks for the comment. It's not serious, I don't think; after all, I've had this for a few years. Well, it is "serious", to me at least, just not in a life-threatening way, thankfully.
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Go. To. A. Doctor.

Asking about your medical conditions in a random internet forum is, to be frank, dumb.

I know doctors aren't cheap in the USA, but still. If you're worried, go to a doctor. We're not medical professionals here, and none of us should be offering medical advice.

In the interim, try http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

Locked, because it's a really inappropriate topic of conversation.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.