Murphy's Law - A Notable Observation

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Huumy

Re: Murphy's Law - A Notable Observation

Post by Huumy »

I think the murphys law applies only when you really want/need the hits. When you attack something unimportant just hoping to do some damage you end up killing it, but when you really want your leader to finish of a low HP unit he misses all of the 5 attacks and you are dead next turn :)
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Sgt. Groovy
Art Contributor

Post by Sgt. Groovy »

I've also noticed that when you attack an enemy 3rd level unit with one of your own 3rd level units, in order to weaken it so that you can then finish it off with an 1st level unit and give it an XP boost, your first attack causes maximum damage and kills the enemy too soon, no matter how low the odds. :annoyed:
Tiedäthän kuinka pelataan.
Tiedäthän, vihtahousua vastaan.
Tiedäthän, solmu kravatin, se kantaa niin synnit
kuin syntien tekijätkin.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Sgt. Groovy wrote:I've also noticed that when you attack an enemy 3rd level unit with one of your own 3rd level units, in order to weaken it so that you can then finish it off with an 1st level unit and give it an XP boost, your first attack causes maximum damage and kills the enemy too soon, no matter how low the odds. :annoyed:
That happens to me quite a lot. Damn. :annoyed:
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.