Games discussion

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vendanna

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by Vendanna »

MCP wrote:
Vendanna wrote: Diablo 2: LoD (as playtester of a mod since I have played it for a loong time)
Which mod? If it's by brothers laz, wow that was an amazing patch.
While I played his first iteration of "Demon trip", I still haven't played its median mods, I was referring to "Metalstorm project" by Nefarius.

Also, on topic talking I have found a nice small dungeon crawl game which is interesting.

hack-slash-crawl which has a ton of curious options from class/race combos to different items with skills on them.

The main cons of the game is that is single player (bummer), and that you cannot "save" your progress for later.

Sad thing that there isn't a wesnoth "graphics" version (nor I'm suggesting to make one)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Vendanna wrote: Also, on topic talking I have found a nice small dungeon crawl game which is interesting.

hack-slash-crawl which has a ton of curious options from class/race combos to different items with skills on them.
Nice. My favorite combo was Dryad+Cursed then just level up Strength and Stamina.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Rise of Nations. It's one of those games one cannot stop playing for good. I do some breaks of course, but I always come back to RoN. It's a real time strategy game with almost the best soundtrack ever, and certainly the best soundtrack from strategy games (sorry West, lol). Interface is the most user-friendly I've ever seen, much better than in Age of Empires. It has awesome conquer-the-world scenarios (e.g Napoleon, Alexander the Great, Cold War or New World). It combines Civilization with real-time strategy games, giving you an ultimate strategy game experience. I really recommend it for everyone.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

I picked up Castle Crashers from the PSN store last week. Lots of fun. It's like X-Men or Streets of rage with modern art and complexities of gameplay.

The humor is a bit crude though and presents a strange conundrum.
The mild gore got it rated T for teen, so young ones shouldn't play it with that turned on (It's switchable on/off), but at the same time the poop-joke style humor is lost on teenagers.
Moribund

Post by Moribund »

If you have PSN and enjoy beat-em-ups I really have to recommend Scott Pilgrim: The Game, if you haven't played it already. Fantastic gameplay, great sprites from the esteemed Paul Robertson, and catchy tunes from Anamanaguchi.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Gambit wrote:I picked up Castle Crashers from the PSN store last week. Lots of fun. It's like X-Men or Streets of rage with modern art and complexities of gameplay.

The humor is a bit crude though and presents a strange conundrum.
The mild gore got it rated T for teen, so young ones shouldn't play it with that turned on (It's switchable on/off), but at the same time the poop-joke style humor is lost on teenagers.
I love that game!
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
tervaleijona

Post by tervaleijona »

Wesnoth and Hedgewars. I'm a huuuge fan of turn-based games. Ragequitters are the only problem for me... :annoyed:
zirain

Post by zirain »

Exit Fate is one well worth playing!, never finished it as my first two attempts through the story ended up over about 15 hours in then i lost the game. ( computer broke) will get around to finishing it soon though.

Rome total war
age of mythology
caesar 3
and age of empires 1
have stolen alot of my life :P

anything with "final fantasy" in it although some of them are a huge let down

also im looking for a game to play at the moment something along the lines of final fantasy, fire emblem, battle for wesnoth, in gameplay, story etc. any ideas?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

ceaser 3
I remember that one, that was the very odd city builder that encouraged you to build your entire city in very long stripes due to the way services are provided to your houses with a military component that felt somewhat tacked on. Despite that, I agree that it wasn't bad.

I've also played Exit Fate. It was nice in the fact that it was an RPG which had the experience points set up in such a way that level grinding is generally not necessary, even to use party members who have been inactive for over half the game (which is good considering how many possible party members there are).
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Heroes 3, and UT3 sometimes.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
raptoRus

Post by raptoRus »

dawn of war 2
sorry for bad english
Araja

Post by Araja »

Left 4 Dead 2.

Try switching between making a Wesnoth scenario and multiplayer L4D2. The human brain takes awhile to get up to speed, I'll say that much.
jocuri

Post by jocuri »

I am now Playing mostly League of Legends,dragons age 2 and of course BoW
I like to play some cool jocuri cu masini and jocuri barbie, while jocuri 3d and jocuri de gatit are my favorite. You can also play jocuri fotbal or jocuri mario.
MCP

Post by MCP »

sur.nhm wrote:Heroes 3, and UT3 sometimes.
Heroes of Might and Magic 3? I still have that installed with the Wake of Gods custom expansion. Still play it from time to time.

Thanks WINE!
Kaddo

Post by Kaddo »

Steel Panthers WW2, Panzer General (yes, I'm in a wargames phase right now).