Games discussion

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Colouredbox

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by Colouredbox »

HoMM3 WoG (Shame on me)
Wesnoth
Cave Story
Some old Ceasar
Spelunky
Waiting for cheesedwarfs to be added to ageless.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Portal 2! Great game, with perhaps the best ending and plot ever made. I really recommend it to everyone
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
MrL4mppu

Post by MrL4mppu »

I'm playing:

Starcraft 2: wings of libertity
Minecraft
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Wesnoth

I would play CoD:Bo, but the psn is hacked =C
cookie

Post by cookie »

I'm playing:
Halo
Counterstrike
LOL
Wow
Dota
Wesnoth
and FaceBook games.
:3 YES facebook games
Bye says the cookie.
Maiklas3000

Post by Maiklas3000 »

I'm playing Panzer General (specifically, Panzer General Forever, an accurate remake available for free.) It's a trip down memory lane. However, I miss a lot of the features of Wesnoth. For example, it doesn't show you the path a unit will take. One time I knew where a hidden enemy unit was, and I moved a unit, hoping that the computer would not choose a path that took it by the enemy unit, but I got "ambushed". Also, I'm really wanting to hit "control-v" all the time.

Do you have any advice for using paratroops? Mine get slaughtered while jumping in behind strategic cities, unable to put a dent in the anti-aircraft guns and cut to pieces by artillery. So one adjustment I've made is to never upgrade an experienced infantry unit to paratroop. I'm guessing they should mostly be used to capture uncontested airfields.

Right now I've finished Moscow with a minor victory and next is Kharkov. The branching factor in the first campaign is just insane. That would be interesting in a Wesnoth campaign. Are there any Wesnoth campaigns with a huge number of possible paths?
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

StarCraft 2. And I have declared that StarCraft has the worst community ever. There is so much qq...it's ridiculous.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Out of curiosity, what is your 1vs1 ranking in SCII and on which server do you play?

I play Starcraft II as well and it might be interesting to play a few games in a row against someone I know. I'm a mid ranked plat at the moment.

I generally agree that the Battlenet community isn't very friendly but it seems to have gotten a lot more friendly since SC:BW (not that that's saying much).
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
johndh

Post by johndh »

I've been playing a little 0AD and FLARE lately (in addition to the usual Glest, but that's mostly for my modding work.)
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Velensk wrote:Out of curiosity, what is your 1vs1 ranking in SCII and on which server do you play?

I play Starcraft II as well and it might be interesting to play a few games in a row against someone I know. I'm a mid ranked plat at the moment.

I generally agree that the Battlenet community isn't very friendly but it seems to have gotten a lot more friendly since SC:BW (not that that's saying much).

I play on the North America server. If you want my info, PM me, I don't really feel like giving it out to everybody on here, lol.

Unfortunately in 1v1 I'm bronze, however it's really a "relic" from when I was terrible (I'm around the silver-gold level now, I can go toe-to-toe with platinums and even beat them sometimes, though my macro needs work.) but I haven't gotten much time to play ladder. Hence I am silver 2v2 and platinum 3v3 (3v3 probably doesn't hold much water though). During the summer when all my schoolwork is over I'm planning going to make it to silver, platinum if I'm lucky.

Also during the Brood War days I was still in..elementary school I believe. So I really had no experience with the StarCraft community then, haha.
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

johndh wrote:I've been playing a little 0AD and FLARE lately (in addition to the usual Glest, but that's mostly for my modding work.)
8)
I've been playing FLARE ad-nausium for the past couple months.

Other than that, I've really gotten hooked on Frogatto's new arcade modes. And I can even play those on my iPod, which is awesome to the -enth degree. :D
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Deukalion

Post by Deukalion »

I've been bouncing kind of all over the place. Trackmania has found a bit of my time recently.

I picked up "Frozen Synapse" on steam yesterday, and if there are any X-COM fans or just fans of tactical games in general, you should totally check it out. Its really quite good. Another bonus is that every copy you purchase includes a free gift copy for a friend.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Velensk and I did 2v2 in StarCraft and placed in Gold. Congratulations us!
~Sierra
powershot

Post by powershot »

I'm playing Dragon fable, Battle for Wesnoth (A LOT) , and some Nitrome games. That's about it.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

powershot wrote:I'm playing Dragon fable, Battle for Wesnoth (A LOT) , and some Nitrome games. That's about it.
Good man! (Except for that part about the Dragon fable & Nitrome games...)
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

Minecraft. Enough said. :D
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!