Turuk, and my Ignorance

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Turuk, and my Ignorance

Post by Iris »

PeterPorty wrote:Wow... sounds interesting... keep talking please.
Request denied. I Am Not Allowed To Disclose Further Information At This Time™.

Hey, we all have the right to improve our conduct! You in particular.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

shadowmaster wrote:Hm, during most of Summer 2008 Wesnoth.org was down due to the dreaded Great Crash. Maybe you mean Summer 2007? In such case, I'd say That Didn't Happen™.
You may be right... It was one of those summers I was away working the whole time, then came back in September just in time to see all the spammers scuttle away into the hidey holes. By which I mean go back to school.

The Great Crash was pretty huge... I actually stopped existing for a while.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

All I can say is I whole-heartedly appreciated Turuk's efficiency, even if I disliked the brusque-ness he developed after gaining admin access.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Wow, Maeglin Dubh noticed this post. O.O

Pretty interesting conv... I joined in late 09, so I didnt see the great Crash. =P

(On a side note, what's an Emritus?)
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
norbert

Post by norbert »

Dragonchampion wrote:(On a side note, what's an Emritus?)
Maeglin Dubh is a retired (Wikipedia, Wiktionary) moderator.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=emeritus
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Dragonchampion wrote: I joined in late 09, so I didnt see the great Crash. =P
Either you mean you "returned" in late 2009, or you are a liar.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

shadowmaster wrote:
Dragonchampion wrote: I joined in late 09, so I didnt see the great Crash. =P
Either you mean you "returned" in late 2009, or you are a liar.
I can smell the smoke from here.

His pants are totally on fire.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Lol... 2007, my bad. 2008 was when I was gone for most of the year, and 2009 was when I started work on TWOT.
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Thrawn wrote:All I can say is I whole-heartedly appreciated Turuk's efficiency, even if I disliked the brusque-ness he developed after gaining admin access.
Tell me about it, I'm well aware of the slightly cynical nature that developed over time. Working day in and day out with who knows how many people with problems (a few legit, most inane) and dealing with the forum as a whole meant that I often had to occasionally step on toes to efficiently cover everything. Eh.

As much as I would like to say I'd be returning in the near future, it's not likely. I'm about to head over for a year of sun and sand, and I've spent most of the time I've been gone from in various training for all sorts of reasons. On top of what is likely to be poor internet connection and little to no free time, I got married a few months back, and so I doubt my wife will appreciate me diving back into this with anything like the insane amount of time I spent on here. Such is life.

I happened to log in here to show some of the soldiers in my battery about the game. Even though I'm not around, I still spread the good word about Wesnoth. This game always has a special place in my heart.

Gambit, you've got a PM, get me back, I tried reaching you a week ago or so.

TSI, I got you through Facebook, so check your inbox.

Shadowmaster, Noy, PM with a way to reach you besides Colloquy if you're interested, I can't get that on here.

Best wishes to all else, if you have a dying need to reconnect, send me a PM and I'll give you better contact information.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Turuk wrote:I got married a few months back
Congratulations!!! :smile:
And welcome back (even temporary). I am glad to see you again on the forums.:smile: (I am sure that it is not just me.)
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

Welcome back, Turuk (at least for now)! :) It's been a while.
In Christ,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster