Website problems

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Golden_Soldier

Website problems

Post by Golden_Soldier »

I have been having some problems with this website working on my computer other websites work but when I log into this one occasionally it will say Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
I called up a friend while I was having one of these problems and asked him to try and go on the website and he said that it didnt work for him either (but knowing the friend he couldve just been too lazy to check :annoyed: )
my main question is to see if anybody else is having this problem
Qazerowl

Re: Website problems

Post by Qazerowl »

I had a problem like this once. Check any anti- virus/spyware software on your computer for signs that its blocking internet explorer. I recomend using Google Chrome instead of IE. Even Firefox is better than IE.
Golden_Soldier

Post by Golden_Soldier »

I actually do have firefox on my computer I never thought to use though... silly me
Joram

Post by Joram »

I have had a similar problem a few times using Firefox. Other webpages load fine, but Wesnoth doesn't. The problem isn't just limited to wesnoth, as I have occasionally had a similar problem with other websites.

I've never worried about it though, because I just check the next day and it works fine. I've never been one to stand against the forces of apathy.
The Fires of Pride 0.3, a heavily story based campaign.
On hold while I try and finish my book
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

We do have relatively frequent downtime, unfortunately. It might not just be your computer, at least some of the time.

I've found www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com to be reasonably reliable at telling whether a site is... well, you get the idea from the url...
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

My useless comment
Never happened to me.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Golden_Soldier

Post by Golden_Soldier »

thanks TSI if I ever have the problem again ill check out that site :D
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

The only time I've had a problem like this was during website downtime, which is usually planned and announced beforehand.
boru

Post by boru »

When I have trouble connecting, I'll see if I can connect to the add-ons server. If not, I know it's downtime in Wesnoth.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
Golden_Soldier

Post by Golden_Soldier »

thanks boru when I get the problems again Ill try that too :)