Favorite Wesnoth Character?

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Favorite Wesnoth Character?

Post by Iris »

Banalbano wrote:I've only picked the name of Frogatto...
It's a Saurian-like
Ah, okay. Good to go! :D
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm (now available for Wesnoth 1.14.x and 1.15.4+).
masterofmind

Post by masterofmind »

Talin and Mal keshar oh and Darith from bitter revenge
Moribund

Post by Moribund »

My least favourite is the Ghost in DiD who turns on you. I turned him into a [censored] wraith and the main guy was still only level 1 and augggh.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Moribund wrote:My least favourite is the Ghost in DiD who turns on you. I turned him into a [censored] wraith and the main guy was still only level 1 and augggh.
Since it seems that this thread includes bad guys as well, that brain-washing mage from FoaP, Gulder, is one of my favorites.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

My most favourite has got to be Tallin from NR. :D I haven't experienced all that many campaign characters but he's so charismatic to me.

Although, if you count UMCs, I'd have to say Meidis from my own campaign.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
SpoOkyMagician

Post by SpoOkyMagician »

Hm... That is a tough one... (I have only played a few campaigns myself...) I guess "Delfador" or "Konrad".

But, I like mages better so "Delfador" from HTTT. :)
"You don't have to understand me, I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician
Creator of: Unwelcome Guests Series, Modifiable Android Project, SpoOky's Survivals, and many more... (Most of my old stuff is gone.)
(User Page)
Aitie

Post by Aitie »

Malin Keshar (in both DiD and IftU). Because he is a necromancer, because he tried to protect his hometown even after being banished, because he was betrayed by everyone... And all like that)
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

My favourite character is Galdrad from the first scenario of HttT.
Why? Because He's running alone and only with sword and bow towards two troll warriors, only to protect an old mage and a young fighter. Really a brave elf.
JackBarber

Post by JackBarber »

The evil prince/king from the HttT intro, even though he dies and he isn't playable at all.
He just looks epic... and evil...
(I'm to lazy to check the name on the actual game right now.)
"Do YOU know the muffin man?"
."Don't wake me if I'm dreaming."
.."Even words can drive a man to madness."
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

JackBarber wrote:The evil prince/king from the HttT intro, even though he dies and he isn't playable at all.
He just looks epic... and evil...
(I'm to lazy to check the name on the actual game right now.)
Really? For me he was just a big mama's boy that had to follow her instructions, but happened to be decent at leading his soldiers.
Myrien

Post by Myrien »

Mal / Malin Keshar. Along with Lady Jessica.
Both have an interesting life and character, where some people (e.g. Konrad or the thousands of necromancers thrown at you in some campaigns) have a more sterotypic good hero / evil antagonist character.
The Great Rings

Post by The Great Rings »

It annoys me when people claim Malin wasn't evil. At best, he was evil but had a more complex reason for being evil than "I want power." That doesn't make him good. Lots of evil people have complex reasons for being evil.

Thank you for using the name Lady Jessica. It annoys me as well that she was renamed.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Speaking as the designer of Count Kromire, I find it downright disturbing when someone comes up to me tells me he loves my campaign and then gushes about Kromire and about how 'evil' the celestials are (and yes this has really happened to me).

I've never understood why anyone thinks Malin to be interesting (though I'll grant that he's more interesting than say Konrad but that's not saying much anything). I've met several real people with a very similar attitude (and similarly disproportionate levels of intellect and wisdom) to him and they're simply annoying (unless they are actually dangerous though I'm dubious on any of the ones that I've met are, at least at the moment. I wouldn't trust most of them with any sort of real power).
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Aitie

Post by Aitie »

The Great Rings wrote:It annoys me when people claim Malin wasn't evil.
I think Malin was not evil in the begining of DiD campaign. Then he wanted to protect others; he only became evil when his goal changed to revenge, as it always happens.
Still, I like him - not because he is NOT evil, but because he IS)))
boru

Post by boru »

Aitie wrote:I think Malin was not evil in the begining of DiD campaign.
I haven't played this one in years, but wasn't he kicked out of mage school for inflicting disease on someone?
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.