Check out my new album on jamendo.com

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

West
Retired Lord of Music

Check out my new album on jamendo.com

Post by West »

I have just released Chronicles III on jamendo.com. It's a collection of tunes from 2006-2008 and features several tracks from BfW so you've probably heard most of it already. Still, for those who want a single package with all my music from this period, it's worth checking out.

Also, don't forget to tell your friends. Enjoy!
Dunno

Re: Check out my new album on jamendo.com

Post by Dunno »

Great! I'll show it to my girlfriend, maybe she will compose something similar. I hope you don't mind :wink:
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Yay, more music from West! :D (I've listened to your music so many times that last I checked 5 of my 10 most-listened two songs are your pieces, so it's good to have some new stuff to listen to. :mrgreen: )

Downloading...
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

Dunno wrote:Great! I'll show it to my girlfriend, maybe she will compose something similar. I hope you don't mind :wink:
Of course I won't mind! This is free (as in speech, and beer) music, derivatives are not only allowed, they're encouraged. In fact, I would be honored.
artisticdude wrote:Yay, more music from West! :D (I've listened to your music so many times that last I checked 5 of my 10 most-listened two songs are your pieces, so it's good to have some new stuff to listen to. :mrgreen: )
Well... like I said it's not actually *new* music. If you've listened to my stuff on box.net, you've heard it all.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

There are actually a few in the newest album that I haven't heard before. I must have missed them somewhere along. :)
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

Just out of curiosity, does my artist page look broken for anyone else? More specifically the Chronicles II box. It looks weirdly truncated here.

Edit: nvm that, I looked at some other artist's page and it seems it's supposed to look like that. Looking at the cut-off text I thought it was broken.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

It seems fine to me, although I am not able to download them as well. I am probably doing something wrong.

P.S. it is nice that your daughter looks like you. :smile: I wish to have a daughter who looks like me.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

SkyOne wrote:It seems fine to me, although I am not able to download them as well. I am probably doing something wrong.
You can't download the album? Why, what happens?
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

West wrote:
SkyOne wrote:It seems fine to me, although I am not able to download them as well. I am probably doing something wrong.
You can't download the album? Why, what happens?
Okay, I just tried again, but the result is still the same.
After clicking either Chronicles II and III, a small window shows. It asks us Make a donation and Download the album. Then even I click Download the album, nothing happens. I thought I had to donate or resister to download them, but seems I do not have to.

Am I doing something wrong?
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

SkyOne wrote:
West wrote: You can't download the album? Why, what happens?
Okay, I just tried again, but the result is still the same.
After clicking either Chronicles II and III, a small window shows. It asks us Make a donation and Download the album. Then even I click Download the album, nothing happens. I thought I had to donate or resister to download them, but seems I do not have to.

Am I doing something wrong?
Um, you are clicking the big "Download" button at the bottom, right? Not the text with the arrow that says "Download the album", because that's not a link. :)

If it still doesn't work, try this direct link.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Thanks, West.
The direct link works to me. I can listen to your music in my car, now.:smile:

I have not listened to all of them, yet, but "Over the Northern Mountain" is really good. Are you not going to upload it for this community? I would love to use it if I can. It will match to Journey's End, although the key seems different from it.
Traveling Minstrels is also in it. I think it is your another masterpiece.:smile:

I am going to ask my wife how to donate.:smile:
boru

Post by boru »

"Over the Northern Mountains" (which is also one of my favorites) is in the UMC Music add-on. Need I mention it's also in my UMC campaign?

The arrangement on this version of Traveling Minstrels is much better than the one in the game.

Thanks for all the great music, West!
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
johndh

Post by johndh »

I like! Thanks for the free tunes. :D
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

SkyOne wrote:After clicking either Chronicles II and III, a small window shows. It asks us Make a donation and Download the album. Then even I click Download the album, nothing happens. I thought I had to donate or resister to download them, but seems I do not have to.
SkyOne wrote:The direct link works to me. I can listen to your music in my car, now.
What browser did you used, SkyOne? Maybe this was the problem. I downloaded the album with Opera without any problem. This is exactly the reason why I keep installed Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and recently got Midori. This way, if one browser doesn't work with one site, I just change browser. :roll:
SkyOne wrote:"Over the Northern Mountain" is really good. Are you not going to upload it for this community?
boru wrote:"Over the Northern Mountains" (which is also one of my favorites) is in the UMC Music add-on.
"Over the Northern Mountains" is mainlined in the 1.8 series. You can find it in data/core/music/northern_mountains.ogg. Nice album, by the way :D
EDIT: corrected a spelling mistake.
Last edited by Elvish_Hunter on July 15th, 2010, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:What browser did you used, SkyOne? Maybe this was the problem. I downloaded the album with Opera without any problem. This is exactly the reason why I keep installed Interent Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and recently got Midori. This way, if one browser doesn't work with one site, I just change browser.
Oh, okay. Thanks, Elvish_Hunter. I am on Safari. I will probably try to install something else. How is Midori? It sounds like Japanese lady's name.:smile:
Elvish_Hunter wrote:"Over the Northern Mountains" is mainlined in the 1.8 series. You can find it in data/core/music/northern_mountains.ogg. Nice album, by the way
Aah! I found it. I did not know it has been added on 1.8. It will save the MB of the campaigns. Thanks again, Elvish_Hunter.:smile: