League of Legends - Season 1

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: League of Legends - Season 1

Post by Pentarctagon »

aww come on, now I'm just going to be wondering what this 'exciting (top secret?) news' is for the next few weeks :augh:
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
cretin

Post by cretin »

aaaah i have found my calling finally. Anivia the Cryophoenix. I just decided to try her today and my god it was total domination. even in the games i was losing i was destroying the other team. She can be a bit tricky landing her flash frost yeah, but she is just so much FUN. and saving allies with walls is a blast. now i gotta save up to get her >.< damn the 6300 pricetag.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

As a Tristana player Anivia can be annoying early/mid game, but after that she's just so squishy its fun :P

Also, when was the last time someone here saw another player as Karthus? I used to see him a lot when I was just starting out, but I haven't seen him since I got past level 5/6.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Certain champions ACTUALLY have skill ceilings (looking at you Anivia, and not Ezreal which we had such high hopes for). IMO, a pro Anivia is one of the scariest things in the game, minimum top 3. You have to be like Phreak-level for it though...but if you're that good, you're just unstoppable.

Some champions just have the room to show you skills. Someone like Ashe it's more difficult to outshine the competition.

Karthus...not a bad champ, but not played all that much. I'm terribad at him though so I am not knowledgeable on him.
JW

Post by JW »

Jozrael wrote:Karthus...not a bad champ, but not played all that much. I'm terribad at him though so I am not knowledgeable on him.
Karthus is fun sometimes. His Q is so spammable it's insane and his wall is really nice. His ult is fantastic too. His #1 problem is that to maximize his deeps he needs to be next to the enemies with defile, making him an easy target. Also, he is a huge mana hog. Luckily he has his passive so he can still kill you after he dies.
cretin

Post by cretin »

anivia is similar she's very mana inefficient. ive actually been having to get the golem buff every time just to be able to lane effectively. Thats on top of having a full rune page of mana regen. Luckily i usually play with a friend so i can coordinate and get his help getting it so i spend less time in the forest or teleporting back to base to regen mana.
JW

Post by JW »

cretin wrote:anivia is similar she's very mana inefficient. ive actually been having to get the golem buff every time just to be able to lane effectively. Thats on top of having a full rune page of mana regen. Luckily i usually play with a friend so i can coordinate and get his help getting it so i spend less time in the forest or teleporting back to base to regen mana.
I find tear of the goddess to be essential on both champions. Later it turns to AA staff.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Tear is one of my absolute favorite items on casters.
cretin

Post by cretin »

hmm im going to have to start mixing up my builds from now on, im not in the habit of getting pieces of different items at a time, instead going for a solid item. ive been starting with a Mejai's Soulstealer because i havnt been dying very much, giving me a nice damage output should i pick up a kill or two. Next i generally move onto basic boots and then start building the Archangels staff. Im going to have to see if getting tear first works for me. Any other tips for items with Anivia in general?

Edit*
What do you think about going for Meki's pendant to be built into a fiendish codex in the beginning, to later build into Deathfire Grasp should the game drag on?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Chalice of Harmony + Tear of the Goddess + AP build and you will very rarely run out of mana (or at least that's my experience from playing Heimer). Maxing out the Perseverance mastery will help a bit as well. There's also another mastery (i forget the name) that increases your health regen by .1%->.2%->.3% of your max mana (it may not seem like a lot, but at endgame it will end up at around 70 per 5 seconds just from your max mana alone), which will generally let you ignore a lot of the annoying 'run forward, attack, then run away' things like Tristana's explosive shot in early/mid game.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Strength of Spirit has the highest gold value of any mastery, period. There are few nonmana champions that it's not awesome on.
JW

Post by JW »

Jozrael wrote:Strength of Spirit has the highest gold value of any mastery, period. There are few nonmana champions that it's not awesome on.
Howso?
Increases your champion's health regeneration by 0.3% of your maximum mana.
Let's say you're Anivia and have fully charged ROA, AA staff, and and Banshee's Veil at 18 (along with non mana items). According to leaguecraft.com you get +18.15 hp5 from the Strength of Spirit mastery. If you include Perseverence and Expanded Mind you have a total of +18.6 hp5 (on top of your base 10.95). I guess that's a decent amount of regen in terms of gold value, but it's not really a whole lot.

Playing as most casters I just go 9/0/21 and skip the defense tree altogether. Sometimes I'll go x/21/x with Vlad though, when I'm feeling more tanky (usually go 9/0/21 with him as well).
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

A regrowth pendant is 15 per 5 and it costs 450 gold, so you getting the regen equivalent of over 450 gold free from the mastery, and there are only a couple other masteries that could possibly compete with that (Greed comes to mind).
JW

Post by JW »

Pentarctagon wrote:A regrowth pendant is 15 per 5 and it costs 450 gold, so you getting the regen equivalent of over 450 gold free from the mastery, and there are only a couple other masteries that could possibly compete with that (Greed comes to mind).
Well, I've been meaning to calculate gold value of masteries for a while, but keep in mind you only get 450g worth of hp regen- a stat that isn't that great (especially on non-tanks), and that's only after getting those items I mentioned fully charged, which would be rather late into the game (30 min or more).
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

if you use the 18.6 number, it comes out to 558 gold of free regen which, from a purely gold driven perspective, is the highest gold value.