League of Legends - Season 1

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jozrael

Re: League of Legends - Season 1

Post by Jozrael »

Anyone here watch the Dreamhack streams last weekend?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Nope. Its funny though, ever since a lanewick did well there people have mostly stopped raging at me :roll:
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Jungle Gangplank is the way to victory.

Discuss.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I've heard about it, never seen anyone do it though. Although this is quite possibly because he's been banned frequently in my recent matches. His Q applying red + his passive sounds brutal though.
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

My name on LoL is InsertANameHere.

I like playing Karthus, although I do notice that people tend to complain about how he takes no skill to play whenever I kill them by pressing R.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Maeglin Dubh wrote:Jungle Gangplank is the way to victory.

Discuss.
I had fairly good success with it! Haven't been able to play too much lately, though working on fixing that.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

*goes to play LoL*

Oh hey, look, Leona's out :D

*looks at price*

:annoyed:

Also have decided to elo dive again and pub-stomp with mord :twisted:
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

Pentarctagon wrote:*goes to play LoL*

Oh hey, look, Leona's out :D

*looks at price*
Well, you can't really say you were surprised.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

A Guy wrote:Well, you can't really say you were surprised.
I stopped being surprised about Riot's pricing a while ago actually. Doesn't mean I can't still be annoyed about it though.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

I actually bought Karma on principle when she came out, because it was the first 3150 I had seen released since I had started playing. Since then, it's been all 4800 and 6300 (of which I only ever unlocked Vayne, because it just takes way too long.)
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Joram

Post by Joram »

Maybe I'm fortunate, but I actually have been much more interested in the cheaper champs. The only 6300's that have caught my eye have been Vlad (back when all my chars had to be tanky for me to do well), Anivia, and Karthus. And one free week was enough for each of those; wasn't tempted to buy; not till I've got oodles of cash to spend. Oh, and Blitzcrank too. Who could not be attracted to the guy? Not bought because I suck with him (though I've never had so much fun failing in my life :D)

I'm still operating on ten-ish champs, all 3150 or below. My new interests at this point are Morde and Akali.
The Fires of Pride 0.3, a heavily story based campaign.
On hold while I try and finish my book
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

What are your thoughts on Dominion so far?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Meh. I can't really say anything without actually playing it, but...

1. It seems like it throws squishy carries out the window. There looks like there is going to be a good amount of roaming and the map design doesn't have a break between each side like Summoner's Rift does. Probably going to be a lot of tanky-dps and assassins.

2. It seems like there could be a lot of "Take 5 tanky-dps/tanky-ap, capture 3 objectives, now lets camp here until we win". Also I heard that everyone is going to be starting at level 3 on this map, so champs who are only really vulnerable early on will be a problem (aka Mord).

3. It is coming out about a week after I go back to college, so...yeah. :(

4. not really related to Dominion, but...

4a. I may have missed it, but I would really like a Rioter from the marketing department to clarify the champion pricing issue. Champions are quite obviously not priced by difficulty anymore, so is the new strategy that everyone is 6300 and then the prices of older champs are reduced? There are too many responses from Riot staff that say something then end it with "but I'm not in the marketing department, so I don't really know" or something similar.

4b. Are we going to get 6 bans in ranked in Season 2? I read responses that the answer is no because "it would require people new to ranked to buy a couple more champions", but in all honesty that is some of the worst reasoning I have ever heard and there a several solutions to that I can think of off the top of my head. I know it is probably more complicated than that (or I hope it is).
Joram

Post by Joram »

No comment on Dominion, other than I think that it'll be great to have other options, even if they aren't balanced for all champs. It'll give people something else to do.

Just posting up here venting a bit because I had a very frustrating game last night. I really don't mind losing as long as everyone remains cheerful and tries their best. The sad thing was that if everyone had remained cheerful and tried their best there is no way we could have lost!

Seriously, they had Urgot, Garen, and renekton on their team. Talk about abysmal late games. :roll: They also had a Maoki and Brand, neither of which did anything remarkable all game.

I tried to keep everyone calm, pointing out several times that they would have an insane early game advantage that would vanish as soon as late game came around. I did this before minions spawned, after we lost first blood, a couple of times when people were calling for lane switchs, and so forth. Then three members of the team started swearing at each other and one ended up leaving when we were down 1-7ish tenish minutes into the game.

Even so, we held out for about 40 minutes. I tried to tell everyone that it still wasn't hopeless, but nobody listened. Our Akali was absolutely terrible; our Soroka was absolutely terrible; I was Fiddlesticks, which requires rather getting in the enemy's face to do anything. Last of all was our Cho, who admittedly had a good score at the end. Even so, with 2 horrible teammates, we still were doing surprisingly well considering we were 25-30 kills down. They couldn't take our base, even though they tried a couple times.

At the end of the game, when we were down 20 kills (see? We made ground up), they came in 5v4, with baron buff, and we traded 3 for 3. It would have been 3 for 4 (or heck, even 1 or 2 for 4), but our Cho ran away with an unpopped Guardian Angel while Akali, Soroka and I tried to take down a 17-0-18 Garen. Got him down to just a couple bars of health, but he killed us all and ran off, leaving Cho walking around not doing much.

Yet despite the fact that we could almost win a teamfight when we were outnumbered, outfarmed, and outbuffed, everyone in the game (including the enemy) insisted that we wouldn't have won even if we'd had our fifth player. I mean, what more conclusive evidence do you want? Our Cho even started swearing at me for even suggesting the thing, telling me to stfu, that this team was bad, I wasn't helping at all, etc.

I was expecting an easy win, and it turned into a miserable loss simply because some people have horrible attitudes and can't seem to grasp the concept of bad scaling on certain champs. It was a ranked game too.

*pounds head on desk some more*
Joram

Post by Joram »

But however bad solo queue is, I love it that way; cause if it wasn't, we wouldn't have masterpieces like this.

:mrgreen: