League of Legends - Season 1

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cretin

Re: League of Legends - Season 1

Post by cretin »

yes a commentator really should be neutral in it. on a note, AS made a nice comeback for 3rd. I like that they used less used heroes, both teams.

nice on the win valinor, gl getting higher. i havnt ranked yet. dont have a full rune set. more interested in buying heroes i am.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

You know, at the tournament, it didn't really feel that egregious, but in hindsight I can absolutely see what you're saying. I'll see if I can do something to make our Community department (i.e. Phreak and his boss) aware of this to the point that it won't happen again.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Jozrael wrote:You know, at the tournament, it didn't really feel that egregious, but in hindsight I can absolutely see what you're saying. I'll see if I can do something to make our Community department (i.e. Phreak and his boss) aware of this to the point that it won't happen again.
Thankyou. Something tells me that the 2 threads on the US forums will just get flamed down and that will be that. Apart from that, his commentary was really really good (Like i said, I was looking forward to it).

It was a shame about the poor performance of SK, it really looked like they were lost without TF to hold their strategy together. One of the reasons I'd like to see more teams - I can't really say that SK are representative of 50 different countries/cultures.
cretin

Post by cretin »

hmm im thinking i should actually get heimer. even though he lost 1 turret all that while ago (much sadness), he's a damn good harasser. I would say probably as good as sona in poking with his rockets and grenades (even though you can outrun them, god who decided you could outrun them). not the most survivable, but if they ignore your turrets and go strait for heimer, the turrets do eat you up.

what are your guys opinions of him? do you think he is even viable now? personally i think his role has shifted a bit. less turret reliance, more grenade/hextech rocket spam. i mean, with a 20% cooldown from his ult, his 2 abilities reset in like... 3 seconds each.......
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

I only ever played heimer once and it was after the nerf. I found him pretty fun, but it was in ARAM. i haven't seen him in ranked in forever though.

But then again, the community likes to take a champ, and when they get nerfed, claim they have become useless. i'm sure he is fine.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

@Cretin/Daraveln on Heimer: Absolutely I feel he is still viable, A-tier even. I have always felt about the rework exactly what you said, just that his role has shifted (and in a massively positive way for our meta...can you REMEMBER Heimer seiges? Ughhh).

@Daravel on Phreak: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/sh ... ost3256295
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

I hated heimer with a passion, i kept having to mid against him, and losing. It was a real and genuine hate.

And thanks for the link.
cretin

Post by cretin »

wow lol forums are so whack. whats going on.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

A couple random thoughts:

1.Getting Trist and the fb skim. I am a fan on fb (of Lol and Riot) and the s/facebook link says I am not. I tried, after connecting to fb, to rebecome a fan, and still didn't work. Just curious how to go about amending this.

2. (@Joz, probably): If I were interesting in contributing to Riot w/o working for them (ideas, feedback, testing, etc) would there be a way for me to do that? If I lived anywhere near LA i'd totally apply as a design intern, but as I don't really care about pay, just throw out ideas and observations, I was wondering if they had any way to do this...(yeah, wesnoth-itis at play).

3. thanks to the peeps giving me advice and all in games.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

My LoL works again :) I updated some hardware to my comp.

My nick is "Rasvapallo" in eu server. so if you need a tank add me to your friends.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Joram

Post by Joram »

So there is a thread on the LoL forums about "Champion Theme Songs", where users post up what they envision as a theme song for a particular champion.

This one was too good to pass up.

Master Yi
The Fires of Pride 0.3, a heavily story based campaign.
On hold while I try and finish my book
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Hey Thrawn:

I've checked your account and it looks like you resolved this. We have some issues with FB being nice to us in this regard so we just give it out if someone has trouble. Let me know if you purchased Trist before unlocking via FB.

Unfortunately it's pretty impossible to contribute to Riot externally. The best thing for us tbh is contribute to the community. Our Yellow/Green/Orange posters are a huge help to us, so you might want to look into getting into the community groups. Just since LoL is not in the same commercial game category as Wesnoth, there's lots more redtape Riot has to cut through before they can accept help from others (and we are inundated with requests). That being said, we do accept some community skin ideas and compensate for that.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Jozrael wrote:That being said, we do accept some community skin ideas and compensate for that.
*waits hopefully for cat-girl ezreal*
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Jozrael wrote:Hey Thrawn:

I've checked your account and it looks like you resolved this. We have some issues with FB being nice to us in this regard so we just give it out if someone has trouble. Let me know if you purchased Trist before unlocking via FB.

Unfortunately it's pretty impossible to contribute to Riot externally. The best thing for us tbh is contribute to the community. Our Yellow/Green/Orange posters are a huge help to us, so you might want to look into getting into the community groups. Just since LoL is not in the same commercial game category as Wesnoth, there's lots more redtape Riot has to cut through before they can accept help from others (and we are inundated with requests). That being said, we do accept some community skin ideas and compensate for that.
Nah, I found the appropriate forum sticky (the forum is quite jumbled >_<) and solved it w/o spending IP. As to the second point, that's pretty much what I figured. Thanks for your replies!
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Joram

Post by Joram »

Pentarctagon wrote:
Jozrael wrote:That being said, we do accept some community skin ideas and compensate for that.
*waits hopefully for cat-girl ezreal*
Not sure if that would cut the number of jokes about his sexual orientation or increase them.

The LoL forum goers get more entertainment out of the stupidest things than any others I know of. :annoyed:
The Fires of Pride 0.3, a heavily story based campaign.
On hold while I try and finish my book