Yu-Gi-Oh Stuff

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AtemTheLightning

Yu-Gi-Oh Stuff

Post by AtemTheLightning »

Copy the questions in red, then put an answer in blue.

What is your favorite card?

Gilford The Lightning.

What is your best combo?

Gilford The Lightning, Black Pendant, Blast With Chain, Fusion Sword Mursame Blade=4600 ATK 8)
sur.nhm

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Stuff

Post by sur.nhm »

I think that colored fonts are reserved to the Mods.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Besides the colors, I don't know anyone here who likes Yu-Gi-Oh (then again I've not asked around much).

I used to play it quite a lot, and was rather good. But it was ruined by precisely what you seem to like about it. You ask about a "best combo" and immediately it's all about attack. That's what ruined the game. It was such an excellent strategy card game, but they just kept releasing increasingly powerful monsters (and thusly lowering the age barrier). Creeping biggerism to the extreme. Then we wound up with cards that had "infinite" attack and defense. What the heck?

Back when I still played (i.e. when the game was good and required real strategy besides "summon the most powerful thing you've got and wipe everything else out with it) my best combo contained no monsters at all. It was, in fact, two trap cards.

One allowed you to see your opponents hand, but they got 1000 free life points each standby phase while it was in effect.
The other made it so every time the opponents life points would be raised, they would actually go down by that amount instead.

So I get to see all their cards before they can play them, and they're bleeding out very badly. As soon as I had those two cards on the field, the rest of the match became about defending them. But the match wouldn't last very long at that point. Eight turns at most That'd be eight turns if I was lucky enough to get them on the first draw (because you used to start with 8000 life points). In practice it was only one or two.

My favorite card was man-eater-bug. Every deck should have the max legal limit. Though kids these days (lol at that phrase) would pass it up because of it's super low stats.
AtemTheLightning

Wow. Cool combo. And, yeah. Infinite ATK and DEF suck. Not all my combos are attack based though.

Dimensional Fissure + Return From The DIfferent DImension after 5 powerful monsters die
or
If they get something strong Enemy Controller
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

>.> I see we've got a rabid YGO fan here.

First I would like to say one phrase: Magic the Gathering.

Okay, I still have my deck around somewhere back when I used to play. Let me look up my stuff...

Gambit's basically right about what he's saying. Even the 4 star monsters (which used to have a median attack point around 1400) are useless unless they either have 1900 attack or have a cool ability.

One of my favorite combos was to sacrifice a Milus Radiant to activate Last Will and thus bring a monster to the field that had the ability to revive lv3 or below beast-type monsters when sacrificed. (I forgot its name, it was like a panda thing.) Then, using a loop, I continuously summoned all 3 Milus Radiants in my deck onto the field, and then I either used my Exxod, Master of the Guard to deal huge damages by sacrificing earth monsters or I attacked with a lv3 earth monster summoned out of my deck using my loop. Milus radiants grant a plus 500 attack to earth monsters, I think, so my lv3 would be dealing about 2200 damage, and each of my Milus Radiants would also get +1000, putting them at 1900 attack. If the opponent has no defenses on the field, I could conceivably deal over 8000 damage in one turn, finishing the duel.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

I dug out my old collection. For anyone who still plays and was interested those cards were respectively:
Eye of Truth
Bad Reaction to Simochi
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

My friend used those cards a lot against me. Guess what? I have a total of 3 magic cards in my deck (I rely on traps a lot), and he found that it was useless, I didn't have anything to bleed. So hilarious.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Well, I don't play a lot, but anyway, I also agree that it sucks because cards aren't really balanced enough now. There are super strong cards that can murder someone, and there are cards with only like 600 atk that have no ability to compensate whatsoever.

Anyway, my combo is to spam an army of weak Dinosaurs, let them all get killed and/or sacrifice them to summon stronger ones, and then use Survival Instinct to eliminate all of the Dinosaurs in the grave and then summon Tyrano Infinity, who by my deck, can have a max of about 18000 attack.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
AtemTheLightning

Awesome. I have Tyranno Infinity, but no other Dinosaurs.
PeterPorty
Translator

Post by PeterPorty »

Hulavuta...Dinasaurs...8 years old.... Yu-Gi-Oh... there seems to be connection somewhere, there's something I'm missing...
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
AtemTheLightning

When Hulavuta was 8 years old, he played with yugioh dinosaurs.
PeterPorty
Translator

Post by PeterPorty »

Hulavuta *is* 8 years old, 8 year olds play Yu Gi Oh, Hulavuta likes dinasaurs, he uses dinasaur cards when he plays Yu Gi Oh... there.
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Pfft. Any attack power over 10000, maybe just 8000, is just overkill. There's not really a point to super-strong monsters as there's easier ways to kill them rather than to have strong monsters go head-on. That, and it's rare to see two monsters of that caliber on the field at once.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

PeterPorty wrote:Hulavuta *is* 8 years old, 8 year olds play Yu Gi Oh, Hulavuta likes dinasaurs, he uses dinasaur cards when he plays Yu Gi Oh... there.
1. I'm not really 8
2. I don't play Yu-Gi-Oh anymore, I was stating a combo I used to use when I DID play it.
3. Yes, I used Dinosaur cards in YuGiOh because I like Dinosaurs
4. It's spelled Dinosaurs with an "o"

Zero: I'm thinking anything over 3000-3500
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I don't suppose anyone has watched Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series? :P
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code