StarCraft II

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jozrael

Re: StarCraft II

Post by Jozrael »

Roffles! It wasn't that bad :<. Practice makes improvement :D
Moribund

Post by Moribund »

Loooooool
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Those were your placements ;). Now the real fun begins! See if you can break into top tier Diamond ;o
Moribund

Post by Moribund »

Oh I forgot about diamond. No this is a mistake I think it'll get patched soon.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

No, that seems correct.

5-0 in placements = Diamond.
4-1 = Platinum (as it shows).
3-2 = Gold
2-3 = Silver
1-4 = Bronze
0-5 = Practice!
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

This is pretty funny, but more importantly, seems possible with canon gameplay. Mules, as you know, guzzle up minerals pretty fast, but unlike SCVs, can stack their work on a mineral field. Meaning you could work a mineral field with as many mules as you can possibly field. 30 resources/trip means 10 mules will take 300 resources in just one back-and-forth to a command center - in other words, draining a single mineral node in 4 trips. To say nothing of what 20-40 mules would do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4RS8NdF ... re=related

What I would love to see, would be a video of some "ultimate cherry tapping" That is - a video where this gets used offensively against a hapless noob.

Command center lands in opponent's base. Massive "slurping" sound is heard... :Awesome:
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

That'd be pretty amusing. Each OC can hold enough energy for 4 mules. In a regular game you could easily have 3 of these fully charged. Land one who has exhausted its current one near an enemy's undefended expansion while you have their focus drawn with fights across the map, and nomnomnom their minerals :).

The higher the skill level (and smaller the skill difference), the less likely to work of course, but certainly as you said it's within the realm of reason.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

For what it's worth I now have a copy so other SCII players may be able to find me on the server occasionally.

I placed Platinum for 1vs1s though I suspect I may have been over promoted.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Moribund

Post by Moribund »

I would enjoy playing you!

Moribund.350

A Zerg (since way before the buff) sitting at 10ish Plat in my division.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

My account name is simply Velensk. Last I checked I was at 44th in my division. I play random as I always have. I might be on in a couple hours at that point I'll see if you're on and if you are I'll gladly play you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention code it is 182

EDIT: I couldn't even find you. Perhaps you are in a different region.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Moribund

Post by Moribund »

NA server. You EU?

Maybe I got my code wrong. ConanALeong@gmail.com
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

No, I'm NA too. Why don't you check your code and see if it is incorrect (or simply see if you can find me).