What [graphics editing] programs do you use?

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Midnight_Carnival

Re: What [graphics editing] programs do you use?

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

I use Gimp because I took so long trying to figure out how the bloody thing works that it would be a waste to use something else :) .
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Good news all, yesterday I upgraded to Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0!!! :mrgreen:
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Good, now only 4 more upgrades to go (unless Adobe comes out with a new version while you're in the process of upgrading). :P

No seriously, I've only ever used 4.0, 5.0, and 8.0, but TBH I found little difference among the three other than the UI. There are a few nice little tools for photo-editing (which I have never used, since I use PSE for spriting almost exclusively) and some technical updates that support the latest operating systems, but other than that 8.0 is more or less the same as 4.0 or 5.0.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Yeah, before I was actually on 1.0. :augh: I didn't realize what version it was until I installed 4.0, cause it came up with a little message that said "Another version of Photoshop Elements has been found on this computer: Adobe Photoshop Elements 1.0. Continue installation?"
I had thought it was version 2 or 3, actually....

And I don't plan to upgrade again until there's a good reason too. As far as I'm concerned, the main reason they come out with new version is just so they can sell a bunch of copies of basically the same thing, all over again. :roll: