Movies discussion

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Re: Movies discussion

Post by thespaceinvader »

Just finished watching Tropic Thunder. Hilarious, bizarre, and meta on so many levels I still have yet to understand all of them. Great film.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

Just watched Tintin. Really good. Like, really really good. Looks amazing too.
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

Is it as good as the books?
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

Never read them. :P
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
MCP

Post by MCP »

I saw a preview for this movie at some point, my fiance and I have been wanting to see it ever since:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_separation_2011/
A Separation (2011)
Set in contemporary Iran, A Separation is a compelling drama about the dissolution of a marriage. Simin wants to leave Iran with her husband Nader and daughter Termeh. Simin sues for divorce when Nader refuses to leave behind his Alzheimer-suffering father. Her request having failed, Simin returns to her parents' home, but Termeh decides to stay with Nader.
The description is longer, but I am attracted to a movie set in Iran for the interest of learning a little bit about their culture.
Crushmaster

Post by Crushmaster »

I watched Sherwood Pictures' film, Courageous. Pretty good film.
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Godspeed, random person!
NeedGod - User:Crushmaster
Into-Jesus

Post by Into-Jesus »

Hard to decide, but my 4 favorites are Flywheel, Facing The Giants, Fireproof, and Courageous. I'd have to say that Courageous is my favorite, but they were all great!

Here's a link to the song, Courageous, by Casting Crowns. They made the song for the movie.
"The problem with Internet quotes is that you can never tell when they're true." - Ben Franklin

On Wesbreak
subrar08

Post by subrar08 »

Fireproof- is my favorite.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Flywheel would be my favorite as far as storyline goes. Not the greatest photography in the world, but still a great movie.
Sorta on a break from the forums ATM, have been for a while. If I was doing something for/with you and I haven't recently, that's why, I will be back soon hopefully.
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Boldek wrote:Is it as good as the books?
Almost, surprisingly! I've read all of them and I was expecting to be disappointed, but I was happily proven wrong. They're comic books, of course, so the subtle "fill-in-the-gap" feeling you get between frames doesn't exactly translate to smooth animation, but the characters seem faithfully recreated enough. Particularly Tintin himself. I'm very much looking forward to the next one.
charlieh65
Translator

Post by charlieh65 »

Has abybody watched 1408? BEST movie ever!!!
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
cookie

Post by cookie »

I watched "My name is Khan" last night. I cried my eyes out but then again I'm a sucker for loss, grief and devotion. :roll: :annoyed:
I truly recommend the film to everyone although it is lengthy. It is worth the watch! This movie is somewhat alike Life Is Beautiful 1999 Yes I cried in this too but not as much... where theres a moral or a thought provoking message. It makes one see the world in a new light.
:eng:
A short recount of plot:
Spoiler:

Has anyone watched either of those films and whats your thoughts on either? Is there any recommendations for other brilliant movies?

BTW: Lead actress in this is Kajol! ~ She's so stunning and talented.
Bye says the cookie.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

According to wikipedia, there is no film called Life is Beautiful that came out in 1999. The closest is one that came out in 1997 and another that came out in 2000, did you mean one of those? (The former is Italian and the latter is Indian, so I am guessing you meant the Indian one)

If by chance you are talking about the Italian film, then I have seen it :D
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
cookie

Post by cookie »

Nope; Im definitely talking about 1999's Italian, Life is beautiful. Its the one where Roberto Benigni won two oscars. :eng: You should see his acceptance speeches. Great guy!

H, did you cry?
Bye says the cookie.
Speedbrain

Post by Speedbrain »

According to IMDb, it's dated 1997, but was released in 1999. So you are both right. :wink: