Movies discussion

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zigg

Re: What is everyone's favorite movie at the moment?

Post by Zigg »

1 - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
2 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
3 - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
4 - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I wonder if he's a HP fan...
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Turuk wrote:I wonder if he's a HP fan...
Hey I'm also a HP fan, I want to be healthy and sturdy enough to not be 1-hit killed by a charge! :lol2:

Atm I went to see both last harry potter and the "Ice age 3" but I ended thinking "Lady Falcon?" (Lady halcon is spanish) and "Highlander" (Los inmortales), where Rather nice :)

Have a fond place in my heart for the crappy Mortal Kombat movie, tought. But I don't think it is everyone favorite movie :p
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

It is my personal opinion that despite having main characters that do not match their descriptions, cutting so much of the plot that it is actually impossible to do a sequal, a terrible script, virtually no resemblence to the book, and way too much plot condencing, Eragon is possibly the greastest movie that ever graced the face of the earth.

On an unrelated note, I also have a two legged. award winning, champion, race horse for sale if anyone is interested.
Hatter_Madigan

Post by Hatter_Madigan »

Mortal Kombat was awesome!! I had so many favorite movies as a kid. That and the pagemaster. and Matilda lol. And the power rangers movie. The first pokemon movie. One stormy night. Man on the moon. Several others I can't remember at the moment..
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

Hm, pretty hard to answer the q in the topic as I don't see many movies, and even less in the theaters, but off the top of my head:

Batman Begins
Power Rangers Movie - Pretty good for a kid movie
Toy Story 2

But my most favorite movie of all time has to be The Lion King.

I do enjoy many adult-targeted movies, but I really can't say that they're favorites or anything if it's all hormone surges/laughs. :P
Take a breath.
Hatter_Madigan

Post by Hatter_Madigan »

Will someone please explain to me the end of watchmen?...
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

The major powers are antagonistic against each other. Ozzy's plot causes them to unite against the new and more major threat (which differs depending on whether you're watching the movie or reading the book - I'm given to understand that the film one makes a little more sense). Basically. Or at least, that's how I understand it.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Hatter_Madigan

Post by Hatter_Madigan »

I just watched the director's cut. I wanted to know what happened to John? And why did Rorschach have to be killed? Daniel could just as easily have told everybody like he wanted to do in the first place.. It was almost like it completely went against there morals, although she was still kissing John. And I thought more destruction was coming, but I only saw one of them go off...
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Hatter_Madigan wrote:And why did Rorschach have to be killed?
It went against his beliefs to be quiet like they asked him to, when they felt everyone had a right to know. They didn't know he turned his journal in...
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Hatter_Madigan

Post by Hatter_Madigan »

But wouldn't even the smartest man in the world know that uniting world leaders for even the longest amount of time will not stop human nature. It will all go back to the way it was. It's like when you spank a dog for pooping in the house. It may take time, but it will do it again.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Poor analogy. Dogs can be broken of that to the point where they can hardly ever do it if at all (assuming you do your part). Even if they do do it again, it's still far preferable to make it so that it hardly ever happens than it is to let them think it's ok.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

You spank your dog :augh:
Hatter_Madigan

Post by Hatter_Madigan »

I don't even own a dog lol, I was just trying to connect the dots in people's heads. But some like to get off track and make remarks to belittle my own intelligence. Just setting your mind in the right track, not laying one out for you to go by. Oh, and thanks to the person that posted the thing about eragon. I just watched the movie because of what you said, and I found it rather enjoyable. Not as much as the LOTR trilogy though. I would also loved to see a movie based on wesnoth. I can almost see the opening sequence where an old man speaks of wesnothian history and then ends it all with the words, Battle for wesnoth, but made to sound dramatically pleasing. xD
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Hatter_Madigan wrote:But some like to get off track and make remarks to belittle my own intelligence.
Well good, I'd hate to think that you would stoop to making some sort of subtle remark in return in order to insult their intelligence by insinuating that they cannot stay on topic.