Photos of Wesnoth players

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PingPangQui

Post by PingPangQui »

Maeglin Dubh wrote:Where is that?
Must be some crazy Dutch - thus Neatherlands I guess, or of course some English or US-Americans. I wouldn't call them crazy though, since they are usually in a permanent state of madness, most of them. :P
The Clan Antagonist.

"Larry the Cow was a bit frustrated at the current state of Linux distributions (...) until he tried Gentoo Linux" - Free Software for free people.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

PingPangQui wrote:
Must be some crazy Dutch - thus Neatherlands I guess, or of course some English or US-Americans. I wouldn't call them crazy though, since they are usually in a permanent state of madness, most of them. :P
Even though your statement is true (having lived there for years I can tell it now : these guys aren't like most of us :P ), unsung is not Dutch.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

People with unusual hobbies *must* be crazy, obviously!

Post by Kestenvarn »

Hmm... what sort of LARP is it? More focused towards the combat aspect, or the storytelling?
PingPangQui wrote:
He already answered this question, several hours before your post in fact...
unsung

Post by unsung »

It's more fight oriented, though there are people who are there to socialize and the like.

Role playing is for the weak.

Hitting people is for the strong.

I should have elaborated on the states I listed- those names are all northeastern states in america, for those unfamiliar with them.

I live in New hampshire, the others are all neighboring states.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
PingPangQui

Post by PingPangQui »

Role playing is for the weak.

Hitting people is for the strong.
:?

As I said permanent madness.
The Clan Antagonist.

"Larry the Cow was a bit frustrated at the current state of Linux distributions (...) until he tried Gentoo Linux" - Free Software for free people.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

BARBARIANS AT THE GATES, GET THE MACHINEGUN!.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
suvorov

Post by suvorov »

I'm not really a developer. More like an avid enthusiast- but here's a pic of me. That's me in the foreground. We're at some rest stop in the middle of who knows where.
Attachments
zachandjohn.jpg
zachandjohn.jpg (65.58 KiB) Viewed 7915 times
It is good that war is terrible, lest we grow too fond.

-Robert E. Lee
db0

Post by db0 »

Zhukov wrote::) db0! Haven't seen you about in ages.
Heh, yeah. I've been without Internet access for 5 months now and a few months before that I've been busy with getting ready to move.

Things are beggining to look up though so hopefully I'll be able to continue with my campaign soon.

Glad to see that I'm still remembered :)
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Just some text to satisfy phpbb.
Attachments
img1958_cut.jpeg
img1958_cut.jpeg (51.55 KiB) Viewed 7871 times
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Yeah, backpacking!

Bad part of being in college in Pennsylvania.... Not much access to mountains, and all my gear was left home. I need a single next year, with a nice trunk to store my hiking gear.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Maeglin Dubh wrote:Yeah, backpacking!
How can you tell from that picture? They might just be on the front lawn, getting onto the bus. :P
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

That lawn has some serious downhill issues.

EDIT:*looks below*

Yeah, i mean... a mask, fake ID, two changes of clothes and rags, medical kit, 500 bucks and a variety of concealed sharp, blunt and consecrated objects are basic for the contamporary urban hunter.

One never knows.
Last edited by Cuyo Quiz on November 1st, 2006, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

And those people have some serious packstrap / Gore-tex / not-looking-like-a-bunch-of-kids-ready-for-a-youth-convention issues.

You don't bring a pack like that to a hotel, or a convention, unless it's in the woods or mountains. Unless you're wierd, like me.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Rhuvaen wrote:How can you tell from that picture?
Oh well, he's right anyway. :wink:
Koles

Post by Koles »

some photo of koles made by accident by some stray tourist (koles is that one in the middle) 8)
Attachments
koles.jpg
koles.jpg (182.06 KiB) Viewed 7119 times
Trolls Trolls Trolls :-]