Photos of Wesnoth players

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tyler

Re: Photos of Wesnoth players

Post by tyler »

Oh my this was so long ago.
Last edited by tyler on February 20th, 2017, 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bellerophon

Post by Bellerophon »

*sigh* you leave me no choice but to upload a topless picture of myself...as soon as I find my camera. :augh:
tyler

Post by tyler »

Don't do it Bell! The hotness will cause the Interwebs to explode!
CookieBite

Post by CookieBite »

where did you lose your camera? is it going be another picture of you and your pillow covers?
@tyler: your hawtness already made them explode, if anything they should be feeling better after they see beller ;)
:lol2:
norbert

Post by norbert »

tyler wrote:But, at least I get to revive and old thread!
Yeah, good work. :)
This thread needs to be stickyfied, there's room in Off-Topic for it.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

No, it really doesn't. In fact, I'm debating moving it to a closed forum. Such a thread can be of use if people plan to meet each other and need to know what other people look like, but most of the recent activity in it is simple showing off, mostly by people who otherwise contribute little or nothing to the project.
Last edited by thespaceinvader on August 20th, 2010, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited based on discussion
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
tyler

Post by tyler »

camwhoring
Not only is that inappropriate language, it's also uncalled for and rude. If multiple users other than myself have no problem with where the thread is going then I see no reason for you to pass judgement or close the thread due to your opinion.

Furthermore, I didn't know there was a hierarchy of fair use that depends on whether or not a user submits content to the project. If I was an art contributor does that mean I would no longer be a 'camwhore' like you blatantly pointed out?

It's an off-topic thread and I don't think you have the right (mod or not) to openly insult users with inappropriate language.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

What would you call it? When over a third of your posts, as is the case for yourself and for CookieBites, are in a single thread, showing off photographs of yourselves and flirting about them, how can you claim it's useful activity? This forum is primarily for the development of the game, and using our servers to host such photographs is not useful. Feel free to put them elsewhere.

I will apologise for using what is indeed something of a polarising word, but I can't think of a better way to describe the posting of photographs with not particular reason other than to show off.

You should also be aware that this is a private forum. If we, as admins, want to close a thread for any reason whatsoever, we have every right to do so.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Actually, I agree with TSI. Most of the posts with pictures were from people that have only like, 1-17 posts. Just here to post stuff. Maybe. But barely anyone recognizable/active on the forum has posted (at least recently).

Ech, Ninja'd. But I'm posting this anyway.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
CookieBite

Post by CookieBite »

Fine. Since your a mod or whatever. Please delete my posts from this thread
tyler

Post by tyler »

You should also be aware that this is a private forum. If we, as admins, want to close a thread for any reason whatsoever, we have every right to do so.
You are correct, and I apologize.

But still, as far as 'useful activity' are there any posts in the off-topic section of the forums that can be deemed 'useful' to the community? Should all non-constructive topics be closed in the off-topic forums?

The reason why I post here is because this thread is relevant to my interests; I genuinely want to know what the people I play with look like. I have posted two pictures with each aged three years apart. I decided to post a new one because I thought the old one was, well, old and that the thread would do good to be revived. The banter well, was banter, I don't really see how it's destructive in any sort of way. Constructive? No, certainly not, but it's still not hurting anyone.

Besides, even though the people here have posted less then twenty posts on the forum, they're still active within the game. I've been around since 1.4 (I know that's not very long [at all] relative to some players) and I've seen quite a few of them around.

I don't think the thread should be stickied but it's still a nice thread. It's nice to see the faces of friends.

I'm not asking for much... just please don't kill the thread. I'm still hoping soul_steven, chex, cmony, and a few others will post some pictures.

(Also, I apologize for my poor grammar and spelling.. I'm tired)

Edit: If you want I can delete my old post.

Second Edit: Cookie is convincing Dauntless to post a pic on here! At least keep it up till he does!
norbert

Post by norbert »

tyler wrote:I genuinely want to know what the people I play with look like.
Me too.

Because it's fun, not because it's useful.
(The whole 'it's not useful' argument is overrated anyway.)
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

norbert wrote:Because it's fun, not because it's useful.
(The whole 'it's not useful' argument is overrated anyway.)
Off-Topic isn't useful.

Look at what I did with it.

Thank you for the irrelevant link.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

LoL, well you have to admit that talk about requesting unclothed pictures was begging for moderator action. So don't act all innocent now.

Having said that, I know there are a lot of people who play tons of MP but rarely if ever post on the forums. For example, I see CookieBite on MP a lot so she definitely qualifies as a "Wesnoth player."

I think if you want to comment on how hot someone is then maybe that is something you should keep to yourself or take it to some private channel. This is not a dating service. :lol2:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Sapient wrote:I think if you want to comment on how hot someone is then maybe that is something you should keep to yourself or take it to some private channel. This is not a dating service. :lol2:
:eng: And even if this were a dating service, it should be done in a private channel.