Card game - Wizards and Warlords

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Can-ned_Food

Re: Card game - Wizards and Warlords

Post by Can-ned_Food »

That is what I was saying:
Was my message difficult to translate? If so, then maybe I can rephrase it in simpler language. What languages do you speak best?
First, try reading my previous message again. It explains what ‘rarity’ means with a “Marketing Game”.
Here is more explanation
When you buy a pack of cards to play, for example Yu-Gi-Oh, you are building your own deck as a subset of all cards which the manufacturer has printed.
When they print 100 000 cards, for example, the rarity of a card is exactly how many copies they made in that entire run of the printers. You will probably never own all those cards, so you are very unlikely to own a card with a rarity of 1 : 100 000.

The rarity of a card in your deck does not equal the rarity of a card as released by the manufacturers, but it is calculated with the same formula.

With the Wizards And Warlords set of cards, every player has access to all cards and can print or duplicate them however much they wish. Therefore, the total composition of a deck is usually set by agreement or by fiat of whoever hosts the game.

You can read the rules in the first post of this topic. Those rules are not explicit, but they seem to imply this: each card is meant to be printed or instantiated one time for the number of times it appears in a sheet.
There is only one copy of each type in the Basic sheet; the Monster sheet and the Wizards sheet have multiples for some types.
Your game, by comparison, is not a preset deck, but something more like a build–a–monster game. I remember a few of those. But, anyways, I will discuss all that on the topic for your game, not here.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Yes what Can-ned_Food said is right.

What I was aiming for with the game is an experience which changes each time you play. The host of the game (or the players as a collective) decide what cards they want to play with an how often they want them to occur.

Some games we play with Events, some times with Monsters, some times with only the base game. It is flexible and allows for a simple concept to have infinite replay ability!

Rather than everyone bringing their own cards they all play with the same deck. If the players want they can all play with a really awesome deck that has only Gold. But it is equal because everyone draws from the same deck.
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

By the way, where do you play your sessions mostly? Are they private, off the internet, or are they on a Discord server, or something like that?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Can-ned_Food wrote: October 13th, 2018, 2:48 am By the way, where do you play your sessions mostly? Are they private, off the internet, or are they on a Discord server, or something like that?
I personally play a mix, a lot of local games. I also play campaigns a bunch :D Though recently I have been really busy and not gotten much of a chance to play wesnoth.
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Hah! No, not Wesnoth; I meant this card game.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Can-ned_Food wrote: October 13th, 2018, 2:15 pm Hah! No, not Wesnoth; I meant this card game.
:lol: :lol: Oh of course! I have printed out the game on some nice paper and play it a lot with colleagues and friends! (Do you play it on the internet?)
fire-emblem

more grid based card games would be interesting

Post by fire-emblem »

more grid based card games would be interesting
so few in this world