Level 5 plus

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MotherNight

Level 5 plus

Post by MotherNight »

Just a quick question: Would it currently cause any issues, to have units in the game that are level 5 or more? Is there a set limit to levels that units can hypothetically reach, in the code? Or is this open, safe territory?

I know that it would, in theory, affect the experience such units would be worth...but, I'm wondering if say, I were to make units that could reach level 5, or 12, or even 25; if this would somehow break the game? Also, would it affect or cause problems with AMLA?

Any help is appreciated! thank you very much!
Shiki
Developer

Re: Level 5 plus

Post by Shiki »

You can have levels as high as you want – and if someone fights a lvl 100 unit he regains 100 xp in case he survives.

As for AMLA, no problems either. More in detail https://wiki.wesnoth.org/UnitTypeWML#Af ... .28AMLA.29
- units from mainline have amla_strict=yes, meaning it won't interfere
- if an [advancement] has amla_strict=no, the player could choose if he wants the amla or to reach the next level
- if you really need, you could write code for removing the amla, though … maybe you don't need that
Try out the dark board theme.
MotherNight

Post by MotherNight »

That's great! Thank you so much for your help!

I'm planning on adjusting the XP gain, anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem, hopefully...
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

Whatever you're working on, I look forward to seeing it :)