Having trouble with directories.

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nicoto

Having trouble with directories.

Post by Nicoto »

I'm trying to get into making custom Wesnoth content but I'm unable to understand how to make a proper directory, the tags make no sense and neither does anything else.
Is there some way to do this without learning a whole new coding language? I'm not trying to make anything too complex *cough cough memes cough*

also how do i add add-ons to the add-on list in game and on the website?
nuorc
Forum Regular

Re: Having trouble with directories.

Post by nuorc »

Hello Nicoto, welcome to the forum.

Did you check that 'Create' section that's linked at the top of the page?
I have a cunning plan.
beetlenaut
Developer

Re: Having trouble with directories.

Post by beetlenaut »

To get your add-on to show up on the server, you need a file called _server.pbl, but you need to get it to work on your computer first.

You put it in a folder you create like this userdata/data/add-ons/my-awesome-campaign.

You don't need to learn a whole language, but you will have to learn how to use a few tags. There is an easy way to do it though: Download the add-on called Campaign How To (A Simple Campaign). Change its name to whatever you want, and read about how to modify just the parts you need to.

You will need to do some work, but you'll probably find out that it's not not as hard as you thought it would be.

Post more questions in the WML Workshop forum.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide