Possible UI improvement: select multiple addons to download

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shekeen

Possible UI improvement: select multiple addons to download

Post by Shekeen »

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking about an improvement to an addon download screen: a possibility to select multiple addons before downloading them. Now you have no option but to download them one by one, and I think this will be a nice feature to have, but maybe this was already suggested before and rejected or maybe it is already in development and I don't need to do it myself.
Also I was thinking that the game client does not need to fetch the addon list every time it shows it: once is enough, and if a player wants to refresh the list, there should be a button for it.

So, what's your opinion on these features? Are they worth implementing, and if so, where to start looking in the code. I'm an experienced programmer, but a newbie in SDL, so I'd really appreciate some hints.

Thanks!
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: Possible UI improvement: select multiple addons to downl

Post by gfgtdf »

This was already suggested here: http://gna.org/bugs/?10380 the bug is asigned to mordante but he is inactive and it unlikeley that he'll do it.
where to start looking in the code
you can look in the src/addon directory for the code of the addon client. The UI is currently donw in gui1 but should be ported to gui2 at some point the (incomplete) code for the gui2 dialog is in src/gui/dialogs/addon_list.cpp.

It might be that shadowm is currently working on the addon clients code though.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.