What map good for detecting unit spam strength in 1vs1 mode?

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gavenkoa

What map good for detecting unit spam strength in 1vs1 mode?

Post by gavenkoa »

I start thread http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41572 about "Unit balance framework? Gather statistic about units" (if you forum admin - please move that thread to "Development (Open) » Coder’s Corner" topic :oops: )

My idea - run 2 AI with congif that allow spawning only selected units (single unit type or limited to fraction or limited to fruction and unit lvl2/lvl3, etc) from both side many times, gather statistic and analize it.

For example as result it is clear that "Walking Corpse" is ultimate fighter among lvl0 units, only "Mudcrawler" able to beat it.

Before gather statistic I wander what map size and terran types/layout to choose, how many tiles choose in castle for unit recruitment, start gold amount and number of villages.

Seems that map must be symmetrical.

I start with myself made (10x11):

What map sizes, layouts, gold/village/castle count/placement do you recommend for unit spam strength testing purpose (small/middle/large, balanced for all units)?