EasyCoding Engine related features...

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LovCAPONE
Inactive Developer

EasyCoding Engine related features...

Post by LovCAPONE »

Hi, I'm new in this project so I'll quickly introduce myself...

I'm Lovens (LovCAPONE), programmer and I want to contribute to this project. A couple years ago I got involved for a few weeks with this project but nothing important was made back then. I have several years of exeprience in programming (mostly interactive multimedia application like games) in various languages and APIs (C++, C#, DirectX 9-10-11, HLSL, etc). I'm looking for experience in major projects and I think BfW is a great opportunity to get some.

So to get more comfy with the project's codebase I coded the EasyCoding tasks of the "Engine related features" section. I did all 3 of them and it was a good way to see some of the structure of the project. I didn't put my name for them in the feature request site because I thought it would be nice if a team member could review my code and tell me all the things I did wrong. But if it's better to get them assigned to me one by one it's ok, just tell me.

So attached is the patch for the 3 tasks in question. Once again, if it's better to do it another way do tell me :)

Lovens
Attachments
EasyCoding.patch
patch for 3 engine related features
(23.6 KiB) Downloaded 698 times
pauxlo

Re: EasyCoding Engine related features...

Post by pauxlo »

I guess the way to get others to review your code changes is to make a pull-request on Github (or preferably three of them, if they are unrelated features).
LovCAPONE
Inactive Developer

Post by LovCAPONE »

Ok thanks pauxlo, I'll do that

Lovens
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

You could also ask about it on the IRC/mailing list.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code