A GUI for wmllint

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: A GUI for wmllint

Post by gfgtdf »

for testign i addeda bad [message] in my addon, here the output:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Python36\pythonw.exe" "C:\Users\Daniel\Programme\Battle for Wesnoth 1.13.8\data\tools\wmllint" --dryrun --missing --known --nospellcheck --stringfreeze "C:\Users\Daniel\Programme\Battle for Wesnoth 1.13.8\data\core" "C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots"
"C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots\_info.cfg", line 8: title needs translation mark

wmllint: converting C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots\_info.cfg

wmllint: converting C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots\macros\amla.cfg

wmllint: converting C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots\macros\anim.cfg

"C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots\scenarios\02_SECONDTEST.cfg", line 135: message needs translation mark

"C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots\scenarios\02_SECONDTEST.cfg", line 136: unknown speaker 'someone' of [message]

"C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots\scenarios\02_SECONDTEST.cfg", line 120: inserting "image=wesnoth-icon.png"

wmllint: converting C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots\scenarios\02_SECONDTEST.cfg

"C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots\units\robot_big.cfg", line 2: unit Robot_Big has superfluous {SPECIAL_NOTES}

"C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots\units\robot_medium.cfg", line 2: unit Robot_Medium has superfluous {SPECIAL_NOTES}

wmllint: converting C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots\units\robot_race.cfg

"C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13\data\add-ons\Scenario_with_robots\units\robot_small.cfg", line 2: unit Robot_Small has superfluous {SPECIAL_NOTES}

Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

This is the correct behavior from both my GUI (which correctly adds the --known switch) and wmllint. This is what wmllint's help says about it:

Suppress check for unknown unit types, recruits, races, scenarios, etc.
And these are the corresponding error messages:

"%s", line %d: %s is not a known unit type
"%s", line %d: %s has no usage type
"%s", line %d: %s has unknown base %s
"%s", line %d: %s%s (%s%s) doesn\'t match the%s recruitment pattern (%s) for its side
"%s", line %d: no %s%s units recruitable%s
"%s", line %d: %s has unknown movement type
"%s", line %d: %s has unknown race
"%s", line %d: derivation of %s from %s does not resolve
"%s", line %d: %s has unknown advancements %s
"%s", line %d: unresolved scenario reference %s
wmllint: stored unit "%s" not unstored or cleared from "%s"
In your case, the error isn't covered by the checks above, and must be handled by adding to the cfg file a wmllint directive, that should be # wmllint: recognize someone. However, I get that "Disable checks for unknown units" might not explain correctly what's going to happen: would it be better if I replace it with "Disable checks for unknown unit types"?
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

yes that'd be an improvement although itt making 'unresolved scenario reference ' warnings disappear is still unepxected. Maybe one could add an option to ignore single unit id checks?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.