Will Wesnoth use SDL 2.0 in next version?

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ventulus

Will Wesnoth use SDL 2.0 in next version?

Post by Ventulus »

Hello, Wesnoth programmers, thank you for your work. I am from China.SDL has released version 2.0.1, is said to support unicode. Maybe with a new version Wesnoth can input Chinese characters,and we can chat in the multiplayer game with Chinese. May be able to solve some other problems. I do not know programming, then I know that maybe upgrading means to a lot of work.

http://wiki.libsdl.org/MigrationGuide
The good news is that SDL 2.0 has made Unicode input usable. The bad news is that it will take some minor changes to your application.
Ventulus

Re: Will Wesnoth use SDL 2.0 in next version?

Post by Ventulus »

In addition, Mobile platforms have been officially supported Using touch screen to play the game must be great. Android and IOS platform compiler were also not so fortunate suffer it.
SDL now supports these platforms directly, and the 2.0 API is much better suited to them.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Will Wesnoth use SDL 2.0 in next version?

Post by Iris »

Although the point about SDL 2 not being released in the most recent comment to bug #20979 [Gna.org] does not apply anymore, the rest still does.

(This isn’t a Technical Support inquiry. I’m moving it to Coders’ Corner.)

There is an Edit button by the way; there is no need to double-post.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.