AI never buys spearmen

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nivius

AI never buys spearmen

Post by nivius »

Lately I've done some experiments with Wesnoth and it struck me that AI never ever bought a spearman with Loyalists. Instead it goes mono bowmen with the rest of army somewhat tuned against enemy.
Also, horseman are a rarity.
Is this a bug? Or is it intended?

I'm linux 1.10.6 so this might be outdated, I suppose.
Coffee
Inactive Developer

Re: AI never buys spearmen

Post by Coffee »

EDIT - messed up version numbers, sorry. I assumed that version 10.6 referred to was actually version 1.6.

The AI in 1.6 was not very good and slow as well.

In 1.8 it was much the same but much faster.

In 1.10 it improved slightly, but was pretty much the same.

For future 1.12 there is a lot of work going in to AI development by mattsc and crab and co.

You should download 1.10 though, so you can play online with other people as well.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

7-9 days after...
By guessing that the subject is under BfW versions, you can use the macro: LIMIT_RECRUITS SIDE TYPE LIMIT_NUMBER (on core/macros/side-utils.cfg), or "recruitment_pattern" in the [ai] tag to control the recruitment.

BfW 1.10.6 is the newest stable version.:)
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Coffee wrote:The AI in 10.6 was not very good and slow as well.
just to be sure, if i play the campaigns with version 11.2/4 instead of 10.6 the enemys turn will be much faster, in scenaios where the enmyturns take very long?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
wolkenwand

Post by wolkenwand »

i think the experimental ai not yet implemented in campaign, still only in multiplayer. im not sure though, i read it in change log irc.