What happened to MP (UMC/ML) campaign support development?

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Coffee
Inactive Developer

What happened to MP (UMC/ML) campaign support development?

Post by Coffee »

Hi

Just wanted to ask here what happened to development for bug-free MP campaigns (both UMC and converting some mainline to be played MP as well)? I've heard for a while that features have been planned and I know the Legend of Wesmere has supposed support. However, to get features actually working without hacks there are numerous bugs still to overcome.

Is this really going to get an overhaul as I remember someone saying once or should I perhaps list all the bugs I know of here (lists on the forum elsewhere are very incomplete and not tailored to developers fixing problems)?
FAAB
Inactive Developer

Re: What happened to MP (UMC/ML) campaign support developmen

Post by FAAB »

Coffee wrote:should I perhaps list all the bugs I know of here (lists on the forum elsewhere are very incomplete and not tailored to developers fixing problems)?
Hi Coffee, the usefulness would depend on how much work you can put in it.
Referencing a bunch of old reports would not be of much help as the attached save game could not be loaded anymore and authors may have disappear.
Going through those reports and checking if they are still applicable to the last version and generating new savegame would be very helpful.

About MP campaign, this is still the bleeding edge of wesnoth and it is also impacted by problems lying around about save, reload, OOS and random seed. So that is no easy problem to fix. This would be worth the pain though as MP campaign is the part were the most exciting UMC developments happen (only my own opinion).