Newbie programmer, but want to know more about wesnoth.

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NightBlade

Newbie programmer, but want to know more about wesnoth.

Post by NightBlade »

Hi, I'm really new to C++, done coding mostly in Java and a tiny bit of C, I'm just interested to see how things work in wesnoth and learn them gradually, but my visual studio 2005 is bugging me, it doesn't seem to let me open wesnoth as a project and gives error when trying to "convert" wesnoth code to load as a project, says currupted project file. Any tips on how to fix this would be appreciated.
You cannot ride a roller coaster if you are under 4 feet tall unless you are older than 16 years old.
Mist
Inactive Developer

Post by Mist »

Three relases ago (that would be somewhere in december) we (that small part of the team that does windows port) officialy dropped Visual Studio in favour of Dev-Cpp. There were few reasons (licence, maintenance burden, cross compiling potential etc.) but the point is that I don't think existing VC++ project files were updated since then. There are two devs I think used or still use it - YogiBear and Sapient, if you PM one of them they might still have up to date project files. Other solution is to make the project yourself. There is a file called Makefile.am in /src dir - it lists all files needed to compile wesnoth and few other things that can be made with the sources, have a look at it.
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.
Disorder.
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

Ok, thanks for the reply! I'll have a look at it.
You cannot ride a roller coaster if you are under 4 feet tall unless you are older than 16 years old.
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

I don't have an up-to-date vc++ project file anymore, Sapient is still using it, though, as far as i know.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!