map editor in svn trunk

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Midoron

map editor in svn trunk

Post by Midoron »

Hello,

I don't get the map editor binary any more when compiling the latest svn version. I'm using KDevelop for compiling and "--enable-editor" is set for the configure call.
Is the editor broken or temporarily left out for some reason at the moment? Or is it just my local configuration problem?

(I know, use SVN on your own risk. I don't complain, I just want to find out if a have a chance to try fixing the problem locally.)

Thanks for any hint!
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

You should at least point out which revision you are using. Over here building the editor and running it work just as expected.
Midoron

Post by Midoron »

Well, currently it's revision 18339, but I have this problem for several weeks now (I'm updating roughly once a week).
O.k., since it's not a generally known development decision to drop the editor :-) , I'll have another look at my configuration.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: map editor in svn trunk

Post by Soliton »

Midoron wrote:I'm using KDevelop for compiling and "--enable-editor" is set for the configure call.
If you're using the project file from SVN it's likely outdated, since I'm not aware of any active developer using KDevelop. You need to figure out what files you need to add/remove and update the project file accordingly. If you manage to get that working you could post a patch or the whole project file somewhere so we can update it in SVN as well.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott