Help me help you

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Duffchong

Help me help you

Post by Duffchong »

Here the deal. I have very little coding experience but would like to start out on the road to being able to help out (fix bugs, add features...).

Maybe there is a small 'faux' assignment that someone can give me? Something that will get me into the code and inspire lots of dumb questions.

okay, Duffchong

edit: okay, i'm putting this post on hold. i'm gonna learn how to compile, and then i'll ask this again.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

I have a list of "easy to add" ideas for new coders like yourself (new to wesnoth, that is...)

just so you or any new programmer know...
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
frommi

Post by frommi »

Hi folks. I'm playing wesnoth for some time now and I want to help in developing this incredible game. I have some experience in coding c/c++ (better: it's my job ;)) but I have never coded for a game.
Now im searching for some entry point to help. Maybe someone (Boucman?) can give me a hint where and how I can be helpful...
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

Ok, after sevral requests, I have built a quick list at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/EasyCoding

this is a work in progress and other coders should feel free to add their idea as long as they are easy to code.... I'll post a sticky about it too...
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim