Search found 37 matches
- March 28th, 2010, 6:10 pm
- Forum: Strategies & Tips
- Topic: You think a faction is underpowered? come here!
- Replies: 18
- Views: 2847
I say Undead is underpowered. I mean, look at the Ghost, 20 gold for such mediocre HP and damage?, WTF?, it should have at least 30 HP and do twice as much damage, and it should also be invisible at all times, it's a Ghost after all. Don't get me started on the Skeletons, such pathetic damage and th...
- March 27th, 2010, 8:32 pm
- Forum: Faction & Era Development
- Topic: Spam Era 0.9.1: Sort of on hiatus
- Replies: 46
- Views: 5470
Or play a 2vs2 or 3vs3 match to even it out. It can still be unbalanced. Let's say, player 1+2, who are allied, play against player 3+4, who are allied, too. Player 1+2 thinks 'Either a unit is weak against fire (undead, wose) or a unit is weak against pierce (drake, any sort of rider)' but then, t...
This game is challenging, some people enjoy challenges and some don't. Most comercial games aren't challenging at all because they want to draw as many people as posible to sell copies, Wesnoth doesn't need to sell copies, so it can try to be a good and challenging game and not just a popular one. ...
- March 23rd, 2010, 1:16 am
- Forum: Heir to the Throne
- Topic: Scenario 6: The Siege of Elensefar
- Replies: 248
- Views: 101576
Yep, I give up. I'm barely a decent player but i didn't really have too many troubles finishing this scenario on medium. If i recall correctly, the AI will recruit three types of units: lvl 2 Warriors, lvl 2 Crossbowman and lvl 1 Assassin. If you want to win, at least without taking too many losses...
Well I'm talking about campaigns here. And in campaigns since how you start depends upon how much you leveled many missions ago then strategy becomes less of an issue and how much you leveled your "heroes" starts to matter. This is an exaggeration. While is true that many missions require you to ha...
- March 11th, 2010, 4:38 pm
- Forum: Users’ Forum
- Topic: I downloaded it and started playing on normal...
- Replies: 59
- Views: 5349
I'm a big fan of games such as Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and Tactics Ogre, so discovering Wesnoth was really fun for me and i tought that would instantly make me great a BfW. The truth is that i've found even the normal level to be pretty challenging, mostly because may commerciall turn based games ...
- March 8th, 2010, 3:05 pm
- Forum: Heir to the Throne
- Topic: Scenario 05b: Isles of the Damned
- Replies: 93
- Views: 56798
(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on? Medium, 1.6.5. (2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10) 3 for the basic objectives, 7 or 8 if i try to kill the Liches to get Moremirmu. (3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives? Clear enough. (4) ...