Search found 189 matches
66 isnt really that great for a level 3. But given that it has huge resistances to most melee attacks, it can deal good damage while taking less, but IMHO it doesnt make up for its weak attack. As for mages, that is why you will probably see intelligent mages outnumber others if you play campaigns.
- February 24th, 2006, 2:16 am
- Forum: Ideas
- Topic: Hijacked naming conventions
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1200
Actually, since early surnames were mainly descriptive of a persons proffesion, this might not be too hard. Just take some common medieval jobs, and convert them to be more "Wesnothian", and it would probably fit. Also, if someone wants to think of prefixes/suffixes for names(ie: O-, Mc-, -son) that...
- February 22nd, 2006, 5:17 pm
- Forum: Heir to the Throne
- Topic: Scenario 9: The Valley of Death
- Replies: 173
- Views: 103809
(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on? All(Based on hard, v1.1.1) (2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10) 6 (3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives? Very (4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario? It makes sense, b...
No, I think Nethack came first(in 87). Angband was sometime around '95, IIRC. EDIT:Some good games that I like: Oolite , a space trading/traveling game based on Elite, an old game that was one of the first 3D games. MAngband , a multiplayer(realtime!) Angband variant. Anyone who has played Angband w...
- February 10th, 2006, 9:25 pm
- Forum: Users’ Forum
- Topic: What are you 3rd level favorite unit?
- Replies: 61
- Views: 7695
Most of the time people tend to overestimate him...player wrote:scott wrote:I voted for the Shyde. Shydes and Grand Knights are worth their weight in upkeep. It's easy to underestimate the Marshall, so I did .
and its easy to underestimate grand knight
- February 10th, 2006, 9:13 pm
- Forum: Heir to the Throne
- Topic: Scenario 6: The Siege of Elensefar
- Replies: 249
- Views: 106889
(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on? All(This is based on hard, which I have played most recently) (2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10) 7, having the thieves appear in the town make it too easy to take, it is far too easy to draw the ai into the water to attempt...
- February 9th, 2006, 12:10 am
- Forum: Technical Support
- Topic: when would 1.1.1 be released on windows???
- Replies: 19
- Views: 3549
I get this error when compiling(not configuring though) I think I may have to add some flags to configure to make it detect a fink installed gettext, but i currently have no idea what to do. make: make: *** No rule to make target `utils/wmlxgettext', needed by `all-am'. Stop. make: *** [all...
- February 6th, 2006, 8:48 pm
- Forum: Faction & Era Development
- Topic: Animal era and factions (this thread has been renamed)
- Replies: 48
- Views: 10020
I think it might be better to have mice and rats allied in a Saurian/Drake kind of way... Yea, its not redwall, but it makes more sense.