Search found 29 matches
- October 30th, 2014, 12:00 pm
- Forum: Ideas
- Topic: [mainline] Red mages naming
- Replies: 30
- Views: 5038
How about we make it: Bad Mage -> Average Mage -> Good Mage -> Great Mage? Kidding, of course. I think that we should look at changing not just the L3 and L4's names but also the L1 and possibly the Silver Mage. My reasoning for this is because 'Mage' sounds like a more generalist Red/White Mage, ra...
- February 16th, 2014, 10:51 am
- Forum: Users’ Forum
- Topic: Formal critique against Khalifate faction.
- Replies: 72
- Views: 21055
I would disagree. Northerners and Southerner are opposites, so Southerners will be assumed to be good as the orcs are evil.taptap wrote: Northerners are the orcs. Southerners is an obvious parallelism to orcs. Orcs are evil -> ...
I disagree. The player can definitely be evil, and for many people being evil in games is great fun. Just look at the success of Grand Theft Auto, a game where the characters are all evil.Ravana wrote:There is no cold=evil, whatever you use has to be good as you can not be evil.
If the mermaid initiate had a cold attack instead of impact, it would have zero impact on the game so its probably a fluke that this didn't happen anyways. While it might not be important in multiplayer, it would completely wreck the balance of Dead Water. Dead Water could be given a campaign-only ...
- November 10th, 2013, 7:22 pm
- Forum: Ideas
- Topic: Villages not visited for a long time should defect
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1845
Maybe they could even properly rebel and spawn a unit to defend it, based on which faction style village it is.
Doomchicken wrote : >Perhaps a power assessment should factor in 25% of the player's allies, unless they're allied to the assessor already. I think more like 50%. We can consider that at each turn, allies (AI or Human) may choose to breach or not. So it's half and half, I guess. The way I would ass...
I think that there should be a function that allows two units to switch hex with each other. I think that this would be useful when cycling units in and out of a defensive line, and would save quite a bit of unnecessary hassle.
Well, in campaigns you can quite often get events.JaMiT wrote:Consider this: the difference between campaigns and scenarios lies in what happens before and after playing -- while the map is shown, there is no difference.
- November 8th, 2013, 9:13 pm
- Forum: Art Workshop
- Topic: Rbuck's Junk thread (currently Steelhiveish Villages)
- Replies: 33
- Views: 7532
That's a lot better, and the red light is a nice touch.
- November 8th, 2013, 4:35 pm
- Forum: Heir to the Throne
- Topic: Scenario 4: Bay of Pearls
- Replies: 121
- Views: 52528
(1) What difficulty level and version of Wesnoth have you played the scenario on? 1.11, the medium difficulty (2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10) 6 (3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives? Very clear. (4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of t...