Search found 511 matches

by JaMiT
April 18th, 2014, 3:48 am
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: The RNG seems very off.
Replies: 8
Views: 1369

Re: The RNG seems very off.

but the chances of them happening at the same time would be .064*.076 which is about .5%. Still if this happened once in a blue moon that would be ok, Hmm... The expected frequency of a 0.5% chance is once every 200 opportunities. A blue moon occurs about every 990 days (around 2.7 years). Now the ...
by JaMiT
April 12th, 2014, 11:58 am
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: Wanted help moving windows saves to linux
Replies: 5
Views: 809

Re: Wanted help moving windows saves to linux

When I tried the suggestion to look it up on terminal I figured out why I couldn't find it-- .local was a hidden folder. Linux doesn't use the same concept of "hidden" as Windows. On Linux, "hidden" is synonymous with "the name starts with a period". (So once you get used to Linux, you'll be able t...
by JaMiT
March 12th, 2014, 2:06 am
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: Updating a campaign
Replies: 10
Views: 698

Re: Updating a campaign

Ok, for completeness sake, I will say that I found the directory deep in the AppData tree, which is normally hidden (right?). Yeah. There is some documentation about that directory -- Locating the Wesnoth logs and userdata in Windows Vista & 7 and "How to get there" -- but those are easy to miss. E...
by JaMiT
February 25th, 2014, 2:57 am
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: Cannot cancel a "goto movement"
Replies: 6
Views: 770

Re: Cannot cancel a "goto movement"

Edit : must I do something special, or will this post be the bug report ? In general, this forum is a good place to figure out if what you're experiencing is a bug, to see how widespread it is, and to get some help coming up with a solid way to reproduce it. This forum can also be used to find out ...
by JaMiT
February 23rd, 2014, 10:56 pm
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: Cannot cancel a "goto movement"
Replies: 6
Views: 770

Re: Cannot cancel a "goto movement"

And sorry for the double-bug reporting ! (but I haven't found it anywhere when I searched ^^") As far as I know, this is not a doubly-reported bug. That is, this is the first report I've seen (other than some discussions on IRC). Plus, I only discovered this bug myself a few days ago. My point is t...
by JaMiT
February 23rd, 2014, 4:22 am
Forum: Art Contributions
Topic: Fog and shroud edges
Replies: 0
Views: 1942

Fog and shroud edges

As pointed out in bug 21643 , there are some corner cases for fog and shroud that look bad (or possibly look ed bad, in the specific case of #21643). Fixing the bug took some coding as well as a new image. Both are in place, but the image is something of a hack job: fog-all.png Still, it's a tremend...
by JaMiT
February 15th, 2014, 1:16 am
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: Un-petrifying Petrified units and Vice Versa
Replies: 7
Views: 2226

Re: Un-petrifying Petrified units and Vice Versa

I started with that and it did not work and thus, I was compelled to make the code more sophisticated. Well, your "more sophisticated" code did not work either, did it? I got these errors after I made your suggested edit. The first error message suggests you neglected to change VARIABLE_OP to VARIA...
by JaMiT
February 15th, 2014, 1:10 am
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: random start time OOS in MP Campaigns?
Replies: 2
Views: 324

Re: random start time OOS in MP Campaigns?

Bug #15948 [Gna.org]

(Searched the bug tracker for "random TOD OOS". Another successful search would be this topic's subject, minus "start time".)
by JaMiT
February 12th, 2014, 1:15 am
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: AI village grab
Replies: 4
Views: 506

Re: AI village grab

Velensk wrote:Am I not using big enough numbers or am I going about it the wrong way?
You are going about it the wrong way.
by JaMiT
February 9th, 2014, 11:53 pm
Forum: Users’ Forum
Topic: Is there any description of statistics window (GUI)?
Replies: 4
Views: 812

Re: Is there any description of statistics window (GUI)?

Expected value is a term you'll likely encounter fairly often when dealing with statistics. In a simple Wesnoth case, if your unit has a 60% chance to hit and do 7 damage (hence a 40% chance to miss and do 0 damage), then the expected damage from that strike is 7 x 60% + 0 x 40% = 4.2 damage. Add t...
by JaMiT
February 9th, 2014, 11:11 pm
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: AI village grab
Replies: 4
Views: 506

Re: AI village grab

I would guess it's because the combat CA's score is higher than the village grabbing CA's score. Take a look at [wiki]General RCA AI Howto[/wiki] and see if that explains the score well enough. If you set the village-grabbing CA's score higher than the combat CA's score, your AI should prioritize vi...
by JaMiT
February 9th, 2014, 11:00 pm
Forum: Users’ Forum
Topic: Is there any description of statistics window (GUI)?
Replies: 4
Views: 812

Re: Is there any description of statistics window (GUI)?

The percentages are simply another way to present the fractions that precede them. Overall, 89 damage was inflicted, while the expected value for damage inflicted was 73.4. That means inflicted damage was 89/73.4 = 121% the expected value, or 21% above the expected value. Overall, 92 damage was take...
by JaMiT
January 27th, 2014, 1:03 am
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: Campaign Not Working
Replies: 14
Views: 887

Re: Campaign Not Working

How about "A Simple Campaign". You mean the add-on described as "This is a stub of a campaign, intended to make life easier in creating a campaign" ? That is a good suggestion, but when looking for it on the add-on server, if you sort by title, you should be looking under "C" for Campaign-How-To (A...
by JaMiT
January 23rd, 2014, 3:13 am
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: Multiple can_recruit units on same side
Replies: 4
Views: 452

Re: Multiple can_recruit units on same side

[...] but they only have the recruit list of the lead unit first defined in the [side] tag. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this assertion is false. Most likely, they only have the recruit list of the side . recruit= is part of SideWML (defines recruits for the entire side) extra_re...
by JaMiT
January 17th, 2014, 3:28 am
Forum: WML Workshop
Topic: Graziani WML Questions
Replies: 59
Views: 7656

Re: Graziani WML Questions

[store_unit] [filter] id=$second_unit.id [/filter] variable=second_unit kill=no [/store_unit] Think about what this snippet is doing. The [filter] part says to find the unit that had been stored in the variable called "second_unit". Then the rest of the [store_unit] causes that unit (that is still ...